About the Bank:
Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited was established through the merger of The Sumitomo Trust and Banking Co., Ltd with Chuo Mitsui Trust and Banking, Ltd. on April 1, 2012. We are one of the largest asset managers in Japan, with AUM of more than $500 Billion USD. The Bank provides an assortment of financial solutions and manages a broad spectrum of financial products across its global branches.
The Americas Division (“AD”) was established in the Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited, New York Branch) (“SMTBNY”) to perform corporate functions and supervise U.S. entities. Established under the AD are the “Global Banking Unit (“GBU”), Americas Division” and “Global Market Unit (“GMU”), Americas Division” which performs business functions. The Research Department (“RSH”) provides strategic value added research to Senior Management and Head Office departments, leads and manages various projects on the US side in conjunction with Head Office.
Conducts research and gathers economic data on a regular basis to support the needs of the department. Prepares presentations and reports to be presented to Head of Department and Senior Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Gathers economic data on a daily and weekly basis.
2. Provides research support to Head of Department as needed. Projects may include daily, weekly, and monthly economic reports as well as research to support requests from other departments
3. Prepares presentations on economic topics for weekly business line meetings.
4. Researches key topics of interest to the business lines such as ESG investing/ asset clauses.
5. Researches and prepares materials for regular reporting such as mortgage market and other economic reports.
6. In depth research of industry sectors, companies, and markets to support business units requiring research support.
7. Research macroeconomic, microeconomic, geopolitical and cultural fundamentals and trends as they impact the business environment
8. Maintains regular contact with information providers to obtain best and most current research sources.
9. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program in Finance, Economics, Econometrics or equivalent.
2. Strong academic background in economics.
3. Excellent written and verbal business communication skills.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Access.