The IT Operations Supervisor will work as part of a team and be responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable function of Sterilite’s data center systems and servers, both local and remote. They will install hardware, software, patches, and participate in research and development to continuously improve and keep up with the IT business needs of the organization. The IT Operations Supervisor will also actively work with other teams to assist with projects and implement and support new technologies.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of corporate computer systems, servers, storage and virtualization technology.
· Troubleshoot hardware, network and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
· Identify and execute IT projects intended to continually improve and upgrade the IT infrastructure, such as evaluate new software and hardware or make a process more cost-effective.
· Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement leading to greater workforce effectiveness.
· Assist in designing a global infrastructure strategy including defining the infrastructure strategy with IT management and designing a strong infrastructure support structure.
· Provide strong leadership and support to the Service Desk team members including training, coaching and motivation to enable them to exceed customer satisfaction.
· Develop and promote standard operating procedures and make recommendations for new or modified policies and procedures as needed.
· Provides day to day operational support for all Information Services devices, applications and solutions throughout the company. Such solutions would include: PCs, Servers, storage and virtualization technology.
· Designs, Installs, Documents and Maintains all I.S. Operations Infrastructure in support of existing operations and I.S. Strategic Plans. Partners with other members of the I.S. team to provide input in the development of I.S. Operations strategies.
· Back-up the I.S. Operations Manager in supporting technologies deployed in the datacenters such as; UCS, disk sub-systems, backup technologies, virtual machine environments, etc.
· Partners with other members of the I.S. Team to deploy new or updated tools or processes needed to support our strategic plans.
· Consults with external vendors regarding services and equipment, and maintains all contracts with these vendors.
· Creates and maintains reports and documentation related to Operations infrastructure including operational performance, procedures, drawings, flowcharts, cable plans, training documents, and periodic testing and reporting processes.
· Partners with I.S. Project Manager in order to implement strategic projects.
· Partners with I.S. Operations Network Administrator in order to implement strategic projects impacting networking, telecom or Security
· Partners with the I.S. Operations Manager to create and execute against a training plan to develop other team member skills in the Operations environment
· Researches and learns new technologies – defines benefits, requirements and documents the Return on Investment (ROI) for review.
· Provides budgetary input for annual budget planning.
· BS in Computer Science and/or Information Technology preferred or equivalent work experience
· At least 5-10 years related experience in the field of Information Technology
· Demonstrated ability to use discretion and sensitivity when handling confidential information.
· Must possess a sharp learning temperament and be able to keep abreast of the latest industry developments and the development of new technologies and IT practices
· Successful experience prioritizing multiple tasks, managing projects, and adapting to a changing environment while remaining professional and efficient.
· Solid experience with Microsoft and Linux Operating systems, Virtual Desktops, Networking, Remote access, and Microsoft applications: Exchange, SQL Server, IIS, Office
· Extensive working knowledge of servers and storage hardware for both physical and virtual servers; VMware and Pure Storage experience preferred
· Group Policy design and configuration, Strong Active Directory experience/DHCP/DNS
· Project Management experience.
· Strong communication and documentation skills
· Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
· Experience or training in root cause analysis and/or process management a plus