Operations Leadership Development Program (SLP) – August 2021
Since 1843, Stanley Black & Decker has set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable things.
Who is Stanley Black & Decker?
We are the leader in tools and security. We are STANLEY Tools. We are DeWalt. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work.
WHAT IS SLP?
The Stanley Black and Decker Leadership Program (SLP) – Global Operations, is a comprehensive competency-based program designed to develop & accelerate the future generation of Stanley Black & Decker leaders. This is a multi-year program offering high-potential, early-career associates the opportunity to complement quality work experiences with exposure to challenging learning and development experiences.
As an Operations-focused member of the program, you will participate in a cross functional learning curriculum, developed to strengthen your skills and ensure you have the tools to become a results-driven leader. Each rotation will offer Operational / Project Assignments that allow program members to become familiar with how we do business and contribute to the success of the organization. The program offers invaluable experiences for early career associates seeking challenging developmental opportunities to jump-start their careers.
ARE YOU A CANDIDATE?
SLP – Operations is a highly selective program; We’re looking for motivated top performers with a proven track record of success. We expect our associates to exhibit leadership potential, to be results-oriented, and to be driven to succeed their long-term career in Operations. We look for talented individuals with a bachelor’s degree in Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related fields, who demonstrate:
- Academic Excellence
- Flexibility and Willingness to Relocate throughout the U.S.
- A “Can Do” Attitude – The Desire to Go Above and Beyond
- Leadership Qualities and Skills
- Motivation to Reach Higher Levels at an Accelerate Rate
OPERATION SLP’s HAVE A PASSION FOR:
- Leading Projects: Plan, Manage, and provide deliverables on projects as assigned throughout their rotations
- Applying and Driving Lean Concepts in a diverse environment to improve business objectives relating to safety, quality, customer service, productivity, and inventory – Such as: 8 Wastes (DOWNTIME), Kaizen Events, Value Stream Mapping, Muda, 5S, Set-Up Reduction and more.
- Building Relationships and becoming a trusted advisor to business groups while ensuring efficiency and effectiveness of solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives
- Facilitate structured training programs to support business transformation
- Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Leading key Supply Chain / Procurement projects to streamline processes and increase working capital turns – All while communicating effectively of any challenges that may inhibit project deliverables
- Gather and report necessary Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics globally
- Report out/present to the Executive Team your project deliverables on a quarterly basis
SLP OPERATIONAL ASSIGNMENTS CAN BE LOCATED IN:
- Manufacturing Plant
- Distribution Center
- Office Facility