Music classes meet once a week and are a semester course. The Music Teacher will teach half the student body the first semester and the other half the second semester using the established music curriculum. To assist with instruction, we have available keyboards and buckets for drumming.
Collaborate in a strong team environment to:
- Provide for an engaging middle school learning environment conducive to student success
- Communicate knowledge in an interesting, stimulating, and effective manner, using a variety of instructional methodologies, curriculum resources, and materials
- Differentiate instruction to reach all learners
- Plan, organize, and deliver appropriate lessons and submit lesson plans to the Principal as required
- Establish and maintain a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning
- Assess students’ learning in a professional manner and communicate students’ progress to parents
- Adhere to the professional and ethical standards as stated in the St. Ignatius Loyola Academy Employee Handbook
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal or President
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with middle or high school-age students.
- Experience in a team-oriented and collaborative work environment
- Be self-motivated, possess superior organizational skills, and a genuine sense of humor
This is a part-time faculty position. The successful candidate will begin her/his duties in August 2021. Salary is competitive within the Baltimore area independent school market.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter explaining why her/his education and professional experiences have prepared them to be a part of the Academy faculty team along with a resume.
St. Ignatius Loyola Academy is an equal opportunity employer. The Academy actively seeks diversity in all categories of employment and at all employment levels. Individuals are treated without discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability or any other impermissible factor in accordance with federal, state or local law.
For more information on St. Ignatius Loyola Academy and this position, visit our website.