The Mathematics teacher at St. Francis Catholic High School facilitates student understanding of mathematics, fostering the development of logic, problem solving, and formal mathematical thought. The teacher will be a passionate educator who is deeply committed to Catholic, faith-based education and student success. He or she is a subject matter expert that knows how to build a positive classroom culture focused on learning, uses student learning data to drive his or her work, and delivers engaging rigorous instruction. The teacher is expected to implement the school mission and philosophy, to follow the policies of the Diocese of Sacramento, and to adhere to the directives set by school administration. This position is for the 21/22 school year.
- Implement curricula and academic interventions that meet grade-level standards;
- Design and implement assessments that measure students’ progress towards grade-level standards;
- Use student assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices; Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues;
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment that excites and invests students;
- Collaborate with teachers and leaders to improve instructional, culture-building and leadership skills;
- Maintain grading records, record daily attendance, and complete all required record keeping as designated by administration, and,
- Attend and fully engage in all professional development, staff meetings, liturgies, and school events such as but not limited to Catechetical training, Back to School Night, Open House, Baccalaureate, Graduation.
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree and Single Subject Teaching Credential, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience – Experience teaching Math at the high school or college level. Experience teaching in Catholic education preferred.