SRI Bioscience is seeking a Postdoctoral Biologist to apply cutting edge tools in biology to help advance the early drug discovery process for a broad range of targets. The responsibility of the position includes designing and executing biochemical and cell-based assays for high-throughput screening (HTS), assist and/or lead the biology component of high throughput screening and SAR campaigns.
The ideal candidate would be expected to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. He/she will have the opportunity to collaborate with researchers in SRI internal and external drug discovery programs and be engaged in innovative projects that features SRI’s SynFini program (sri/case-studies/synfini), computational biology and biology lab automation.
- Work with a team of chemists and biologists to designing and executing biochemical and cell-based assays for high-throughput screening (HTS), assist and/or lead the biology component of high throughput screening and SAR campaigns.
- Conduct independent research.
- Develop and improve new skills and knowledge necessary.
- Publish results and assist in writing proposals for contracts and grants to bring in external funding.
- PhD degree in biology with hands on experience with biochemical and cell-based assays.
- Broad knowledge of different biochemistry and cell biology.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others, and independent innovation are necessary.
- Expert knowledge of scientific principles, concepts and methods with in vitro biology are essential.
- Strong scientific credentials and a track record of publications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in leading, developing, and managing technical staff is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Independent work skills and strong work ethics
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment