Our Purpose: Empower Cells to Change Lives
At SQZ Biotechnologies (NYSE: SQZ) we believe that our cell therapies will revolutionize the way we treat diseases. Our unique capabilities enable us to engineer almost any function into any cell type, breaking down the barriers in the field, and creating the possibility for cell therapies that could not have been previously envisioned.
- Patients are the Purpose: We strive to transform patient quality of life so they can focus on living.
- Squeeze Together: We are one team with one goal. Only through the sum of our strengths can we achieve our shared purpose.
- Own the Outcome: We are what we do. Integrity and accountability are fundamental.
- Challenge the Now: We fearlessly drive innovation by questioning what is possible, fostering creativity, and executing on our ideas.
SQZ Biotechnologies is a clinical stage company working on exciting cell therapy products in oncology, tolerance, and infectious disease using novel SQZ proprietary technology. We are seeking a highly-motivated Senior Engineer to join our Process Development team. The successful candidate will support process development efforts for our clinical and pipeline cell therapy products. This role will have high cross-functional visibility across the organization.
- Perform hands-on laboratory work using SQZ proprietary equipment and data analysis.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation (electronic lab notebook, study plans, and experiment reports).
- Organize and develop plans for independent and team-oriented laboratory experiments and associated laboratory analysis.
- Collaborate across different functional teams to ensure successful completion of necessary studies.
- Lead troubleshooting and identification of corrective actions during the execution of laboratory experiments.
- Participate as person in plant (PIP) for clinical manufacturing.
- Adhere to safe laboratory practices.
- Prepare written reports and presentations to process development team and management.
- Conduct process optimization studies as required.
- Up to 10% domestic travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 2+ years of experience in chemical engineering, bio-engineering or related technical field.
- At least 2 years of experience in process development for early phase clinical products.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully plan and execute multiple technical projects and priorities at the same time.
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem-solving ability.
- Experience working with aseptic technique in a lab setting or clean room.
- Ability to embrace change and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE) for process development and process optimization.
- Understanding of safe lab practices and BSL requirements.
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry and with primary human cells.
- Knowledge of Immunology.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing principles and cGMP guidelines.
- Independently motivated, detail oriented, and sound problem-solving ability.
- Strong and effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Adept at working collaboratively and effectively with junior and senior team members, as well as in a cross-functional team environment.
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Not the right fit? Additional openings can be found here. Thank you!