Springwell is seeking a Staff Accountant! The Staff Accountant will be an integral member of the Finance Team in a growing agency!
The Staff Accountant will perform a variety of functions related to record keeping, billing, data entry and accounts payable. The Accountant should be comfortable making and taking telephone calls from consumers and vendors around billing issues.
Our successful candidate will have a positive attitude, flexibility, and the ability to adapt to changing priories in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or General Ledger experience in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ accounting experience.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and collaborative work style.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
- A reliable car, current driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- 3 weeks of vacation in first year
- Birthday off
- 12 paid holidays
- 2 paid floating holidays
- 15 paid sick days per year (You can accumulate up to 450hrs/12weeks)
- Health & dental insurance with employer contribution
- Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost to employee
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan w/ employer contribution
- Mileage reimbursement
- Flexible Work Options available after 6 months for most positions; alternate start time between 8:00 and 9:30 a.m., 4 day work week, 4.5 day work week, telecommuting work option, remote work option
- Employee referral bonuses
- Free parking
- Commitment to promoting from within
At Springwell, we are dedicated to our mission. For more than 40 years, our staff has worked to help ensure that seniors and individuals with disabilities have the village they need and the support that is necessary for them to live at home with dignity and independence.
We are also committed to our employees. We are focused on creating a supportive, open environment that values the people who make a difference – each, and every member of our staff. At Springwell we are fiercely committed to creating equal opportunities for all regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, age, language, and physical or mental disabilities.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Springwell has remained open and operational. We have continued to provide in-home services to individuals in a safe manner based on our consumer directed philosophy. We have also created a hybrid work model for staff that seeks to balance the needs of the agency with flexibility for staff.
We believe in and are looking for new staff who embrace:
- Accountability: At every level of the organization we are accountable: to the people we serve, to our funders, to our employees, to community professionals who rely on our support.
- Continuous Quality Improvement: We honor the fact that each of us is human, and we embrace a desire to examine the value and quality of our work and ask how we can provide a higher quality of service.
- Transparency: While we don’t claim to be 100% transparent (there are certain things, like salaries and performance evaluations that are private) we continuously strive to be as open as possible.
Keywords: Waltham, Newton, Brookline, Watertown, Belmont, Needham, Wellesley, Weston, Ashland, Dover, Framingham, Holliston, Hopkinton, Natick, Sherborn, Sudbury, Wayland, Boston, Westwood, Accounting, Accuracy, Analysis, Audits, Billing, Financial, Payroll, Reports, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, MS Excel, General Ledger
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.