Springwell is seeking compassionate community specialists to provide consultations to older adults, family caregivers, individuals with disabilities, and community professionals.
Information and Consultation Specialists work with consumers over the phone, via email, and in person at the Springwell office. They provide support and consultation to individuals who are seeking assistance navigating services available to them. The Specialists are able to build rapport with both non-professional and professional callers, provide empathy and support, assess needs, and make appropriate referrals to internal Springwell programs and to external agencies. Specialists build an extensive knowledge of providers, agencies, and services available to the community and use their skills to share this knowledge in a way that supports and empowers consumers. The team also conducts research for and makes updates to informational materials that are provided to the community and utilized by Springwell staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assess caller’s need for services and community resources; research options; provide accurate and unbiased information tailored to the caller.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other Springwell departments surrounding their resource needs.
- Maintain existing information sheets used by staff, community partners, and consumers; create new informational materials around topics of interest that are relevant to the Springwell community.
- Update and maintain community provider records in the internal resource database; research new providers for possible inclusion in the database.
- Bachelor’s degree and previous social service experience preferably with older adults, individuals with disabilities and/or providing customer/consumer support
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to learn and navigate internal computer systems
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with co-workers, adapt to changes and problem-solve.
- 3 weeks of vacation in first year
- Birthday off
- 12 paid holidays
- 2 paid floating holidays
- 15 paid sick days per year (You can accumulate up to 450hrs/12weeks)
- Health & dental insurance with employer contribution
- Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost to employee
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan w/ employer contribution
- Mileage reimbursement
- Flexible Work Options available after 6 months for most positions; alternate start time between 8:00 and 9:30 a.m., 4 day work week, 4.5 day work week, telecommuting work option, remote work option
- Employee referral bonuses
- Free parking
- Commitment to promoting from within
At Springwell, we are dedicated to our mission. For more than 40 years, our staff has worked to help ensure that seniors and individuals with disabilities have the village they need and the support that is necessary for them to live at home with dignity and independence.
We are also committed to our employees. We are focused on creating a supportive, open environment that values the people who make a difference – each, and every member of our staff.
At Springwell we are fiercely committed to creating equal opportunities for all regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, age, language, and physical or mental disabilities.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Springwell has remained open and operational. We have continued to provide in-home services to individuals in a safe manner based on our consumer directed philosophy. We have also created a hybrid work model for staff that seeks to balance the needs of the agency with flexibility for staff.
We believe in and are looking for new staff who embrace:
- Accountability: At every level of the organization we are accountable: to the people we serve, to our funders, to our employees, to community professionals who rely on our support.
- Continuous Quality Improvement: We honor the fact that each of us is human, and we embrace a desire to examine the value and quality of our work and ask how we can provide a higher quality of service.
- Transparency: While we don’t claim to be 100% transparent (there are certain things, like salaries and performance evaluations that are private) we continuously strive to be as open as possible.
Keywords: Waltham, Newton, Brookline, Watertown, Belmont, Needham, Wellesley, Weston, Boston, Case Manager, Case Management, Housing, Mental Health, Managed Care, Social Services, Social Work, Care Coordinator, Social Worker, Elder, Geriatric Care, Assisted Living, Human Services, LSW, LCSW, Licensed, Medicare, Medicaid, Behavioral Health, Community Health, Long Term Care, Referral, Information and Referral, Information and Consultation, Customer Service Representative
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.