Springwell is seeking a positive and energetic team member to join our Protective Services Department!
Pays $30.77/hr. ($60k annually).
As a Protective Services Social Worker you will investigate reports of abuse, neglect, financial exploitation, and self-neglect of older adults to determine if there is a reasonable cause to substantiate the report. You will respond to emergency and crisis situations, conduct assessment of capacity and functional abilities as well as arrange for the delivery of services to alleviate substantiated allegations.
You must be flexible as each day is different and one call can change all your plans. You must have excellent writing skills as there is a fair amount of documentation. Organization is key if you’re going to be successful and a good sense of humor never hurts.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related field with one year experience in counseling or case management; or a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field with two years experience in counseling or case management.
- Experience with crisis intervention, elders, and/or investigations.
- Ability to independently organize work, take initiative, and meet deadlines.
- Applicant must have a reliable car, current driver’s license, and safe driving record.
- 3 weeks of vacation in first year
- Birthday off
- 12 paid holidays
- 2 paid floating holidays
- 15 paid sick days per year (You can accumulate up to 450hrs/12weeks)
- Health & dental insurance with employer contribution
- Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost to employee
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan w/ employer contribution
- Mileage reimbursement
- Flexible Work Options available after 6 months for most positions; alternate start time between 8:00 and 9:30 a.m., 4 day work week, 4.5 day work week, telecommuting work option, remote work option
- Employee referral bonuses
- Free parking
- Commitment to promoting from within
At Springwell, we are dedicated to our mission. For more than 40 years, our staff has worked to help ensure that seniors and individuals with disabilities have the village they need and the support that is necessary for them to live at home with dignity and independence.
We are also committed to our employees. We are focused on creating a supportive, open environment that values the people who make a difference – each, and every member of our staff.
At Springwell we are fiercely committed to creating equal opportunities for all regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, age, language, and physical or mental disabilities.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Springwell has remained open and operational. We have continued to provide in-home services to individuals in a safe manner based on our consumer directed philosophy. We have also created a hybrid work model for staff that seeks to balance the needs of the agency with flexibility for staff.
We believe in and are looking for new staff who embrace:
- Accountability: At every level of the organization we are accountable: to the people we serve, to our funders, to our employees, to community professionals who rely on our support.
- Continuous Quality Improvement: We honor the fact that each of us is human, and we embrace a desire to examine the value and quality of our work and ask how we can provide a higher quality of service.
- Transparency: While we don’t claim to be 100% transparent (there are certain things, like salaries and performance evaluations that are private) we continuously strive to be as open as possible.
Keywords: Waltham, Newton, Brookline, Watertown, Belmont, Needham, Wellesley, Weston, Ashland, Dover, Framingham, Holliston, Hopkinton, Natick, Sherborn, Sudbury, Wayland, Boston, Westwood, Case Manager, Case Management, Housing, Mental Health, Managed Care, Social Services, Social Work, Care Coordinator, Social Worker, Elder, Geriatric Care, Assisted Living, Human Services, LSW, LCSW, LICSW, Licensed, Medicare, Medicaid, Behavioral Health, Community Health, Long Term Care, Protective Services, PS, Crisis Intervention, Crisis, Investigator, Criminal Justice, Counseling, Abuse, Neglect
If interested, please apply at https://springwell.applicantpro.com/jobs/
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.