Springwell is seeking a dynamic, committed social services professional to work collaboratively with health providers to address the social needs of high risk pediatric and adult patients at a Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates site in Boston. Seeking a creative problem-solver who can assess, educate, and support families in accessing community resources to improve health and quality of life.
The CHW works under contract with our health provider partners to provide community resource coordination for patients who have complex medical and social needs. As part of a team with Nurse Care Managers, physicians and social workers, the CHW receives referrals and seeks out solutions to non-medical problems which impact health, including assistance with financial and insurance issues, transportation, behavioral health, in-home services, legal assistance, etc. The CHW meets with patients in their home, in the medical office or at other community locations to engage them and connect them to their primary care practice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related Human Services Field.
- Previous experience in human services field, preferably in a community services or medical setting.
- Applicant must have a reliable car, current driver’s license, and safe driving record.
- 3 weeks of vacation in first year
- Birthday off
- 12 paid holidays
- 2 paid floating holidays
- 15 paid sick days per year (You can accumulate up to 450hrs/12weeks)
- Health & dental insurance with employer contribution
- Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost to employee
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan w/ employer contribution
- Mileage reimbursement
- Flexible Work Options available after 6 months for most positions; alternate start time between 8:00 and 9:30 a.m., 4 day work week, 4.5 day work week, telecommuting work option, remote work option
- Employee referral bonuses
- Commitment to promoting from within
At Springwell, we are dedicated to our mission. For more than 40 years, our staff has worked to help ensure that seniors and individuals with disabilities have the village they need and the support that is necessary for them to live at home with dignity and independence.
We are also committed to our employees. We are focused on creating a supportive, open environment that values the people who make a difference – each, and every member of our staff. At Springwell we are fiercely committed to creating equal opportunities for all regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, age, language, and physical or mental disabilities.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Springwell has remained open and operational. We have continued to provide in-home services to individuals in a safe manner based on our consumer directed philosophy. We have also created a hybrid work model for staff that seeks to balance the needs of the agency with flexibility for staff.
We believe in and are looking for new staff who embrace:
- Accountability: At every level of the organization we are accountable: to the people we serve, to our funders, to our employees, to community professionals who rely on our support.
- Continuous Quality Improvement: We honor the fact that each of us is human, and we embrace a desire to examine the value and quality of our work and ask how we can provide a higher quality of service.
- Transparency: While we don’t claim to be 100% transparent (there are certain things, like salaries and performance evaluations that are private) we continuously strive to be as open as possible.
Keywords: Waltham, Braintree, Milton, Weymouth, Hingham, Randolph, Holbrook, Boston, Brookline, Dedham, Winthrop, Rockland, Chelsea, Canton, Cambridge, Case Manager, Case Management, Housing, Mental Health, Managed Care, Social Services, Social Work, Care Coordinator, Social Worker, Elder, Geriatric Care, Assisted Living, Human Services, LSW, LCSW, Licensed, Medicare, Medicaid, Behavioral Health, Community Health, Long Term Care, Community Services, Medical, Community Health Worker, Health Care, Community Based Care
If interested, please apply at https://springwell.applicantpro.com/jobs/
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.