We are seeking interns to help run the day-to-day operations of The Cat’s Corner (the family drop-in space located in the Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum). In addition, interns will track visitation, assist with school group visits, and offer visitors guidance and interpretation in the galleries of the Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum. Interns will gain experience in visitor/customer services, adaptability, museum education best practices, and developing activities focusing especially on early literacy.
Interns must commit to working at least one 4-hour shift per week, in addition to special events. The duration of the internship is flexible to suit the interns’ needs. Interns will be supervised by Sarah Gogal, the Dr. Seuss Museum Program Coordinator. Applications are accepting on a rolling basis.
- Learning about the collections of the Springfield Museums as a whole, with a focus on the Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum and, specifically, the life and works of Theodore Geisel.
- Welcoming and creating a sense of belonging for a wide diversity of visitors.
- Helping to develop, prepare, facilitate, and track hands-on educational activities for families across disciplines.
- Working collaboratively with interns and staff.
- Aid in maintaining galleries located on the first floor of the Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum.
Requirements include a desire to work with children and families and a strong sense of commitment and reliability. All interns must pass a CORI check.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.