Calling all 2023 RN New Graduates
Our Register Nurse graduate accredited residency program is twelve months long. It is designed for nurses with less than one year of relevant experience. Throughout this program, nurses will have a combination of classroom time and shifts with a preceptor on your hired unit. Along with this there is also flexibility for shadow opportunities in other clinical areas. SVMC supports the Nurses of tomorrow.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Ability to obtain a valid Vermont State Registered Nursing License by date of employment
- Health Care Provider BLS certification required within 90 days of hire
- Sign on retention bonus: SVMC is currently offering a $5,000.00 sign on retention bonus for RN New Graduates for our accredited residency program, $10,000 over 2 years for those with commitment to two years.
- Base Rate: Starting pay $32.00, increased to $34.00 at 1 year with successful performance, Shift differential includes: $1.50 more per hour (3pm-11pm), $3.50 more per hour (11pm-7am) and $2.00 more per hour for weekends 7a-3p, $3.50 for 3p-11p and $5.50 for 11p-7a.
- SVMC has also launched a Loan Forgiveness program:
SVMC agrees to provide financial assistance to the Employee for six (6) consecutive years following the date of hire for the limited purpose of paying down the Employee’s qualified student loan(s) as follows: Within thirty (30) days following each full year of full-time employment (not less than 36 hours per week) in good standing, SVMC shall deliver payment to the Employee of an amount equal to one-sixth of the Employee’s outstanding qualified student loans up to a maximum annual amount of $10,000. Payments shall be subject to required withholdings. The maximum financial assistance offered to the Employee under this Agreement shall not exceed $60,000, prior to required withholdings.
- Tuition Reimbursement for Continuing Education up to $5,000.00 annually
- Benefit package includes Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time off
- Relocation Assistance-that will be in your first paycheck
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan with 4% corporate match
- Onsite daycare, on site food truck and on site open air market
- Employee Discounts at all our local fitness facilities
Southwestern Vermont Health Care (SVHC), an integrated non-profit health system, has a proud 100-year history as an innovator in health care delivery. It includes a 99-bed hospital, 25 primary care and specialty care practices, two nursing homes, and a foundation at nine total locations in Bennington and nearby New York and Massachusetts. Through visionary partnerships with Dartmouth-Hitchcock, Castleton University, and others, nearly 1,400 employees emulate the values of quality, empathy, safety, teamwork and stewardship to fulfill their mission of exceptional care and comfort for the 75,000 people they serve. Their collective commitment to quality care and innovation is recognized by the nation’s most stringent regulators and the industry’s leading professional organizations, including the American Hospital Association, the Lown Institute, the Leapfrog Group, The Joint Commission, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Five time Magnet Designee for Nursing Excellence and Vermont’s First and Only Accredited RN Residency Program. Join SVMC today and let your voice be heard!