**This role is scheduled to start in the summer of 2024**
Location Note: This a hybrid role for our Wakefield, MA office.
The Purpose of Your Role:
In this role, you will learn how to nurture leads to a sales-ready state. As an SDR, you will drive demand for Sentinel’s products and services in a variety of ways, including lead generation, qualifying targeted leads or leads that have been generated by marketing and scored using the Company’s marketing automation platform; lead nurturing; event follow-up; engaging in net-new targeted calling; and appointment setting. In addition, you will receive personalized sales coaching, allowing you the opportunity to cultivate your own sales approach before moving into a quota carrying sales position in the organization. This is an exciting and educational opportunity for someone who is looking to start a sales career in financial services.
You can expect a fun, challenging and unique opportunity to gain insight into Sentinel’s business units. This role has a flexible start date, and you will spend time in rotational placements lasting two and a half months each over a 10-month period. You rotate through Sentinel’s Insurance Brokerage/Health & Welfare, Service Center, Retirement Plan Advisory, and Operations departments to ensure you’re exposed to a variety of functions within the company. This rotation component allows you the opportunity to develop deep functional expertise while gaining broad exposure to our business and customer relationships.
What you’ll bring to Sentinel
- Ability to qualify groups of prospects using telephone, email, social media and other technologies prior to passing them along to sales reps
- Partner with Marketing on conceptualization and implementation on a range of inbound and outbound campaigns such as email, direct mail, SEO and lead nurturing
- Become an expert at using lead generation tools to generate lists of target prospect accounts
- Qualify prospects based on their current business challenges and needs using targeted and relevant questions
- Develop an understanding of the account’s business issues and other relevant information
- Effectively communicate the Sentinel story to prospects and the challenges we can help them solve
- Successful completion of Series 65 and Life, Accident & Health licenses, Retirement Plan Fundamentals (RPF), and Section 125 certifications
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Profile assigned accounts and drive outbound prospecting to generate new business
- Conduct research on accounts by using Google, LinkedIn and other tools
- Create and maintain weekly forecasts that track and measure lead qualification metrics
- Track and manage prospecting and nurturing activities in Infor (CRM platform)
- Implement best practices for leads database to increase data integrity and market reach
- Execute database and telemarketing programs to increase attendance at upcoming events, seminars, and to create awareness for current product promotions to target audiences
- Ability to interpret data from Act-On to personalize outbound communications
- Tenacity to weather the multiple “no’s” you will hear before hearing a “yes”
- Ability to use existing and emerging social media tools to monitor targeted accounts and prospects, and identify trigger events for follow-up
- Discipline to stay focused as you follow the defined lead qualification process
We are looking for natural leaders and innovative thinkers to drive our business forward– someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, drive, determination and the strength of character to challenge the status quo. Flexibility, mobility, and the willingness to embrace change are vital too, as you rotate through the business units to begin your career in financial services at Sentinel.
Through this role, Sentinel wants recruit and train the next generation of financial professionals. At the end of the rotations, you will possess a much greater understanding of not only our business, but financial services, and employee benefits as a whole. Gain valuable experience through direct exposure to real world situations as well as support through mentorship and professional training.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Active listening to assess prospect needs and opportunities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Must be able to work cooperatively as a team member and requires effective interpersonal skills sufficient to interact with all levels of employees
Base Salary is $50,000 plus incentive bonus with on target earnings up to a minimum of $76,000+.
What you’ll be part of:
Our people care about our organization. We are a company with a mission to be the best in our industry and best within our company. Being part of this company means that you are part of something special.
Sentinel was recently recognized by The Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work in 2020. In 2021, 2022, and 2023 Sentinel earned a Top Workplace USA Awards from Energage.
At Sentinel, we hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see. Our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.
Sentinel is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Some of our Benefits:
- PTO (vacation, sick, personal time bank)
- 12 Paid Holidays (10 stated and 2 floating holidays)
- 2 Community Volunteer Days
- 5 Summer Half Days
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- LTD & STD
- Retirement Plan with 3.75% Employer Match
- Parental Leave
See What We Stand For: https://www.sentinelgroup.com/About-Us/Join-Our-Team
Who we are:
Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group proudly serves more than 3,800 clients throughout the U.S., and for over 35 years, we’ve remained devoted to making a difference in the lives of our people, our clients and our community. With nearly 240 professionals tied to our mission to deliver great service—and a 9-year average associate tenure—we have become the only provider who makes benefits EASY: easy for your people; easy for your business; and easy for you.
Our ultimate goal is to take a holistic approach to help people prepare for their future health + wealth needs. From retirement plans to group health insurance to reimbursement accounts to financial planning, we engineer solutions and then continuously strive to make them better. Our in-house experts—and their commitment to excellence—define who we are. Sentinel is also one of the largest employee benefits firms in Massachusetts (Boston Business Journal) and was named a 2022 Retirement Plan Adviser of the Year in the Mentorship category (PLANADVISER Magazine).