The Hospice Care Consultant will interact and assist with referrals from healthcare professional in hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes, long term care facilities and physicians in private practice. The success of this position derives solely from the provider relationships that result in the admission of appropriate patients from physicians, discharge planners, case managers, floor nurses, and other healthcare professionals. This position will participate in interdisciplinary team meetings and weekly marketing meetings as assigned by the Executive Director and or the Director of Business Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or 5 years previous healthcare experience in hospice, home health, healthcare sales or marketing.
- Demonstrates commitment to hospice philosophy of care.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to work closely with a variety of people while effectively using problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates an understanding of referral patterns in the service area.
- A willingness to learn Medicare regulations and related reimbursement issues for hospice and long-term care.
- Proficiency/Knowledge of Windows, Excel and Word. Demonstrates willingness to work as a team player within the department and with the clinical and operational teams.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Seasons Hospice’s philosophy of care, values, mission statement and organizational culture.