Associate Scientist, Analytical Development
- Andover, MA Full Time
Oncorus is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on developing next-generation viral immunotherapies to transform outcomes for cancer patients. Based in the vibrant Kendall Square, MA biotech ecosystem and backed by group of leading institutional life sciences investors, we are advancing a portfolio of intratumorally and intravenously administered viral immunotherapy candidates based on our oncolytic herpes simplex virus-1 and synthetic virus platforms for multiple indications with significant unmet needs. Our team is driving innovation and engineering multiple candidates with both platforms to potentially enable us to deliver on the full potential of this exciting therapeutic class. We believe every cancer patient deserves a better outcome. And we’re working with urgency to make that happen. Please visit www.oncorus.com to learn more.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled candidate for the role of Associate Scientist II on our Analytical Development team. This candidate will be involved in the analytical characterization of our oncolytic Herpes Simples Virus (oHSV) and/or lipid nanoparticle (LNPs) programs. The ideal candidate will be expected to execute experiments independently, collect data, and report on their findings in a well-planned and coordinated manner. This person should be excited by technical challenges and the ability to grow as a scientist as part of a novel viral gene therapy development team. This position will be based in the Company’s new state-of-the-art, Development and GMP viral immunotherapy clinical manufacturing facility being built in Andover, Mass, anticipated to open in the third quarter of 2021.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Perform full analytical testing to support oHSV and/or LNP product characterization.
- Analytical methods will include plaque forming assays, cell-based expression assays, ELISAs, qPCR, gel electrophoresis, HPLC/UPLC and DLS
- Assist with regular maintenance of mammalian cell lines, critical laboratory reagents and troubleshooting of advanced equipment.
- Collaborate cross functionally with Process Development and Research teams to support process development and discovery program studies.
- Provide analytical support for assay optimization, development and technology transfer for characterization of viral products and impurities.
- Ability to independently analyze, compile and present experimental data in technical reports and oral presentations.
- Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or closely related field is required.
- At least 2+ years of post-degree experience preferably in an industry setting.
- Hands-on experience with cell-based assays (i.e. transfection/infection etc.), ELISAs and qPCR required
- Hands on experience with HPLC/UPLC and DLS strongly desired.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- A motivated, self-starter with attention to detail with an ability to embrace change and multi-task in an extremely fast-passed environment.