Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton’s, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram’s V.O., Myers’s, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We’re proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the “Best Places to Work in Kentucky” four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of “world’s most award-winning distillery” through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. During COVID-19, Sazerac distilleries began producing hand sanitizer for some of the world’s largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharma, and banking. Also, during this time, while many companies are wading through uncertainty, Sazerac is poised for acquisition and growth – recently acquiring 18 more brands, two companies and a distillery.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry.
The Sazerac Marketing Assistant provides support services to the marketing team members in the office. You’ll develop and distribute ongoing reports and analyses, assist with presentation preparation and creative material compilation, and coordinate inner office and external meetings and events. You’ll assist with trademark administration, image library documentation, R & D samples shipping and receiving and coordinate marketing team meetings and schedules.
On a high level, you’ll:
- Provide support to the marketing and executive sales teams, including: presentation preparation, syndicated consumer data reporting, excel/pivot table reporting and organization and communication of information on shared files.
- Establish well organized priorities for yourself and ensure that the marketing and executive sales team members understand expectations on priorities and tasks.
- Develop, update and continually recommend improvements to capture various sales and marketing reports such as depletions, distribution tracking, new product development projects, Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), pricing database, expense logs, and other reoccurring reports.
- Provide support for brand and category initiatives to the marketing team, to include meeting preparation, planning and coordination, securing samples from R&D, Trademark Management support, consumer and customer communication and support for special requests, product samples, contributing to image library with bottle photos, monitoring websites to ensure they are working properly and updated with accurate brand information.
- Assist with tracking progress on the development and execution of new product development projects. Hold team accountable for timelines and consolidate forecasts to Marketing Directors or sales team with recommendations/rationale.
- Coordinate filing of invoices, manage supplies, mailing & deliveries. Coordination of conference room usage and visitor requirements. Perform all duties with internal and external customer’s needs in mind. Requires prompt, professional and friendly approach.
- Support the marketing and sales team with relevant reporting on brand and state priorities. Prepare documentation and materials for business reviews with internal team and external customers, brand team meetings, etc.
- Develop a key contact data base and foster strong relationships with identified stakeholders, including suppliers/vendors, customers, event planners, hospitality professionals
- Use PDS as tool to monitor performance and evaluate skills. Participate in PDS discussions with supervisor. Identify number one skill for development each year, and improve on that skill.
- Monitor editorial calendars for applicability to brands managed out of Chicago office which are not priorities for corporate PR team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to speak one or more foreign languages
- Experience in the Wine and Spirits industry