Dates: This internship is offered Summer and Fall 2021, with flexible start and end dates that can be tailored to your schedule. We will accept and review applications until all positions have been filled.
Overview of position: Do you have a passion for marine biology? Looking to develop your skills as an educator? At Save The Bay’s Exploration Center & Aquarium, interns build a foundation for a career in marine biology and education by participating in all aspects of running a hands-on aquarium and educating the public about the ecology of Narragansett Bay.
Save The Bay is a non-profit organization whose mission is to protect and improve Narragansett Bay.
What you will learn:
- Marine biology of Narragansett Bay
- Aquarium maintenance, and the care and feeding of the animals
- Hands-on environmental educational programming for guests of all ages
- Promotion and outreach to local beaches, businesses and shopping areas
- Visitor relations: greeting & checking in visitors and selling merchandise
What we require:
- Work at least 2 days/week (minimum 14 hrs/wk)
- Undergo a criminal background check
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to show proof of vaccination
- Enjoy working with children and have a strong interest in environmental education
- Have a strong interest in maintaining and cleaning aquarium tanks and other equipment as needed
- Interested in or have basic knowledge of small marine animal feeding techniques
- Excellent communication skills required – must be comfortable speaking to and making contact with the general public on Save The Bay’s behalf
- Creative, reliable, and flexible team member
- Prompt arrival for shifts in uniform (provided by Save The Bay)
Details: We offer unpaid internship opportunities. We will gladly work with your university if they offer college credit for unpaid internships.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and fill out our online application at http://bit.ly/2AyihfS (note: link is case sensitive)