In this HR Internship role, the candidate will be responsible for providing support to the day-to-day HR Functions, serving as a resource to both employees and management in an effort to support the achievement of World Class Manufacturing business goals. As a member of the Performance Ceramics and Refractories HR team in Worcester, the individual will work as an HR Intern within a manufacturing site employing over 230 employees. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resources team on day-to-day functions including: recruiting and selection, HR Compliance, onboarding, recordkeeping and filing, payroll, and employee relations support.
The main functions of the role include:
- Provide ongoing HR solutions support in administrative areas as assigned by the HRM or Senior HR Generalist.
- Maintain updates in HRIS, updating all areas where they see fit
- Responsible for providing support in all aspects of recruitment, hiring, onboarding, and personnel management for site employees
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data for trends and make recommendations for change as appropriate
- Support location in organizing training and maintenance of training records per local ISO 9001 and Saint-Gobain requirements.
- Recommend improvements and initiatives to HR practices relative to employee engagement.
- Ongoing organization and file management of employee personnel files
- Support on various HR projects
- Other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma Required
- Currently studying HR, Business, or related field in an undergraduate program preferred
- HR experience a plus
- Proven ability to provide concise, articulate and insightful analysis in written and verbal form, as well as translate into effective presentations.
- Strong analytical skills with basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently on tasks
- Proactively seek employee engagement in a factory setting
- Must be able to prioritize work to meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions.
- Incumbent will possess a high energy level and positive outlook.
WHO WE ARE:
Saint-Gobain Industrial Ceramics is a worldwide manufacturer of high temperature specialised refractory materials. Our products are manufactured for the Ceramics, Metallurgy, Foundry, Chemical, Petrochemical, Power Generation, Waste Processing and Glass Making Industries. We specialise in products ranging from refractory bricks, tiles and blocks to mortar, cements, ramming and gunnable monolithics and trowelling mixes to low mass kiln furniture systems.
At Saint-Gobain we design, manufacture and distribute materials which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. Join our innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial community to improve the world of tomorrow with us.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.