Are you a recent graduate eager to begin your career in tax accounting? Do you take pride in having a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and passion for customer service? Would you enjoy the opportunity to work with a broad range of clients that span several industries? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are seeking an Entry Level Staff Tax Accountant to join our growing office in downtown Washington, DC. We are a dynamic boutique accounting firm with a client focus on high-net-worth individuals. The successful candidate is highly engaged, detail oriented, and eager to learn and advance within the company. No experience is required with recent Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
What You’ll Do:
· Prepare federal and state tax returns primarily for high-net-worth individuals.
· Prepare federal and state tax returns for partnerships, trusts, estates, corporations, private foundations, and pension plans.
· Assist with tax planning, federal and state examinations, tax research, and various other projects as needed.
What You’ll Need:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or other related field)
· MS Office experience, with at least intermediate skill level in Excel
· Communication skills necessary to manage and develop client relationships
· Strong commitment, work ethic, and professionalism
· Strong analytical skills with keen attention to detail
· Ability to follow direction and complete tasks on a timely basis
· Demonstrates a collaborative team approach with other staff members
· Demonstrates a positive attitude and initiative
If you have this, it’s a plus:
· Master’s degree or higher in Accounting (or other related field)
· Strong preference given to candidates who meet the 150-hour requirement for the CPA license
- Proficiency with tax software programs and tax research products
What We Offer:
· Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and/or education.
· Comprehensive benefit package including: healthcare, generous paid time off (PTO), 401k, short- and long-term disability, a professional development program
· Employees enjoy flexible work weeks during summer months (overtime, including weekends, is expected during tax season)
· Fun place to work and a pleasant working environment where employees are truly valued
· Exciting opportunity to join a growing boutique firm with great opportunity for advancement, and professional growth
Interested in joining our team? Submit your resume, cover letter (brief summary stating why you think this is the place for you and your salary range expectation). Thank you for your interest! We will reach out to those that best meet the qualifications.
RoseMcKenna PLLC is a boutique accounting firm comprised of energetic and experienced professionals committed to providing personalized client service. The practice is led by former “Big 4” accounting professionals who are experts in their fields. The practice includes tax compliance and consulting for individuals, trusts, estates, private foundations, and small businesses. To learn more about us, visit http://rosemckenna.com/.