We make a difference- in your community and in your career.
Substance Use Clinician
Are you looking for a rewarding career as a clinician?
Come work for our Behavioral Health Services Division at Riverside Community Care!
This vital position currently provides telehealth services but will likely transition to a mix of telehealth and clinic based services.
We have an exciting full time opportunity to join our amazing Outpatient Center as a Substance Use Clinician!
The Clinician is a part of a specialized track within the Outpatient Center, which focuses on the assessment and treatment of persons struggling with both substance use (moderate to high acuity) and co-occurring mental health disorders. This track will include prescriber(s) trained to provide Medication Assisted Treatment for substance use, recovery coach peer supports, other co-occurring clinicians, and a supervisor/manager.
In this vital role, the Clinician has operational knowledge of trauma and trauma-informed care that provides a lens of treatment provision and seeks to prevent re-traumatization of persons serves and ascribes to the philosophy of care that there are multiple pathways of recovery, including harm-reduction approaches, and that treatment should be guided by the person served and their stage of change
The clinician will receive advanced training in co-occurring disorders, and will need to remain actively engaged and abreast of changes and initiatives related to best practices.
Our ideal candidate is highly collaborative, will coordinate care within the Riverside team and with any external professional and personal supports to wrap around the person served, and will operate as the lead on new initiatives within the outpatient centers, including telehealth, EHR upgrades, and rapid access.
This position offers a competitive salary as well as an outstanding staff training program, excellent clinical supervision, benefits package and career advancement opportunities!
- Ability and commitment to learning about co-occurring disorders, including evidence-based approaches (e.g. Medication Assisted Treatment, Motivational Interviewing)
- Ability and commitment to working with professional peer services
- Basic computer fluency, including: Microsoft Office, navigation of electronic health records, and telehealth conferencing
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a reliable vehicle
- Master’s degree in social work, mental health counseling, or related field with ability to seek Independent license as social worker, mental health counselor, alcohol and drug counselor (LADC I), marriage and family therapist, or psychologist
- At least two years’ experience working with individuals struggling with mental health and/or substance use disorders, including assessment, diagnosis, and counseling
- Training and/or experience in providing trauma-informed care
- Must have experience utilizing harm-reduction approaches consistent with stage of change, and verbalization that abstinence from substance use is a goal in treatment only when desired by the person served
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from culturally diverse applicants. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.