Join us in our mission to provide high-quality, trauma and culturally sensitive care to the diverse communities of Cambridge and Somerville.
The Mental Health Clinician – Early Intervention :
- participates on our interdisciplinary Early Intervention (EI) team providing home-based clinical services to families with children (0-3 years) who have or are at risk for developmental delays or disorders
- completes initial intakes and developmental assessments, and partners with families to develop an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) based on family’s goals, priorities and routines
- implements the IFSP through relationship-based services, which focus on supporting the caregiver’s interactions with their child
- supports overall development with particular attention to the social-emotional well-being of children and their families, while providing the right dose of parent psychoeducation at the right time
- may lead and/or support group activities
- provides services via Tele-Health as needed the within context of safety, funder regulations, and treatment needs
The Mental Health Clinician – Early Intervention ensures the delivery of high quality, developmentally sound and progressive services that are consistent with both DPH and Riverside Community Care standards.
Home visiting families with very young child is fascinating and challenging work. We believe in supporting staff so they can, in turn, support families and deepen their clinical knowledge and skills. Staff support includes thoughtful onboarding, weekly clinical supervision from a qualified supervisor, weekly team meetings and monthly staff meetings that focus on peer supervision, reflective practice and exploration of our work.
Please include a cover letter when submitting your resume.
Riverside offers an outstanding staff training program, excellent clinical supervision, competitive salary, benefits package and career advancement opportunities!
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
- Good computer skills
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required
- Bilingual English and Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Amharic, Nepali preferred
- Master’s degree in mental health counseling or PhD or PsyD in psychology
- Independent Licensure preferred
- Experience in early intervention, special needs populations and early childhood preferred
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from culturally diverse applicants. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.