We make a difference- in your community and in your career.
Overnight Crisis Specialist – Full Time
Seeking a Crisis Specialist for our Emergency Services Program in Milford as part of our Behavioral Health Services Division at Riverside Community Care!
The Crisis Specialist is an integral part of the entire Emergency Services Program, including the Community Crisis Stabilization Unit and the DMH Respite Program. The Emergency Services Program provides crisis intervention services 7 days per week, 24 hours per day either on-site or mobile to any individual experiencing a mental health and/or substance abuse problem.
The Crisis Specialist works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team devoted to crisis intervention and stabilization.
The Crisis Specialist assists clinicians by triaging cases to determine the most appropriate location for an intervention to occur. The Crisis Specialist provides telephonic support, arranges for assessments to occur on site or in the community and organizes for transportation as needed. The Crisis Specialist secures placements in detox units, inpatient units and diversionary levels of care and coordinates the transfer of those served to these facilities. The Crisis Specialist should be able to work under pressure in a fast paced, ever changing office/treatment environment.
Schedule: Tuesday – Saturday 11 p.m. – 7 a.m.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Riverside Community Care takes pride in its employees for being hardworking, compassionate, and respectful. Our ideal candidate would have these qualities along with the following skills and experience:
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and manage multiple pieces of data
- Able to appropriately prioritize tasks while assessing for potential risk
- Skilled at coordinating internal and external agency resources
- Excellent telephonic and in person communication and interpersonal skills required
- Basic computer fluency, including Microsoft Office, required
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record and regular access to a reliable vehicle required
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of one year of experience with mental health or related field required
- Residential treatment and/or home based experience is preferred
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to respect, integrity and engagement of all individuals. We are committed to building an inclusive and culturally competent organization and we value the richness of having a diverse applicant pool. As an employer committed to equal opportunity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.