Great opportunity to join our Family After School Program, working with staff, clients, family members and collateral providers to help enhance the well being of emotionally and behaviorally challenged children.
The Family After School Program is an intensive therapeutic program serving children with behavioral and emotional problems between the ages of six through twelve. The primary goal of the program is to prevent hospitalization and out of home placement for youth who require therapeutic services and cannot attend a regular after school setting.
The primary responsibilities of this amazing position include planning, organizing and leading therapeutic groups and daily activities, ensuring children are safe and supervised at all times. The Child and Family Worker will engage in behavior management and crisis intervention and will partner with clinical case managers on client treatment plans.
Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) candidates are encouraged to apply!
- Summer: Monday through Friday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- School Year: Monday through Friday 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Riverside offers an outstanding staff training program, excellent supervision, competitive salary, benefits package and career advancement opportunities!
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, basic computer fluency (Microsoft Word and email), and ability to document daily client progress
- Must be comfortable working with an intensive clinical population, willing to learn behavior management interventions, and facilitate therapeutic groups
- Valid driver’s license required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; High School diploma or equivalent required
- At least three years experience working with emotionally and behaviorally challenged children in community, recreational, and treatment settings preferred
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from culturally diverse applicants. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.