Exciting opportunity to join Riverside Community Care as Assistant Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis reporting directly to the CFO!
Riverside is a large, dynamic, award winning nonprofit community behavioral health provider with over 100 individual programs in 70 Massachusetts locations with a great environment and benefits package!
The AVP of Financial Planning and Analysis is a critical member of the senior finance management team who coordinates the organization’s annual budget program as well as provides leadership for the agency’s tracking and reporting of key metric/management information reporting, financial analysis and cost reporting.
Under financial reporting, this position is responsible for revenue and expense trend analysis and integrity of the cost alignment and financial reports; as well as special projects for division Vice Presidents Executive Management and our Board of Directors. The AVP is also responsible for coordinating and supervising the activities of department staff to ensure timely completion of the duties and responsibilities of the department.
- Natural leader, with deep technical finance and accounting skills, capable of disseminating information to both senior finance leadership as well as senior members of the management team
- Ability to independently lead and complete a project accurately and on time
- Must be an agent of change, be team-oriented, and have a collaborative work style
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with all levels of management to resolve problems and ensure proper scheduling and accuracy of financial information
- Must possess a strong business mind, with common sense and the ability to balance strategic thinking with the ability to roll up his/her/their sleeves and implement/execute
- Must possess a willingness to dig deep into the details to mine information and then utilize that information in a value add manner to benefit the organization. Excellent technical and professional accounting skills required, with the ability to develop financial and other operational systems to accurately control organization activities
- Exceptional computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office programs
- Familiarity with IT capabilities and procedures
- Must be highly organized with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of ten years financial experience with five years in a managerial role. Knowledge of healthcare industry preferred, along with experience in soft service and corporate environments. Experienced in a multi-location, multi-program organization highly preferred
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to respect, integrity and engagement of all individuals. We are committed to building an inclusive and culturally competent organization and we value the richness of having a diverse applicant pool. As an employer committed to equal opportunity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.