We make a difference- in your community and in your career.
Assistant Vice President of Behavioral Health Services
Unique opportunity to join the senior management team at Riverside Community Care, a large, long established and growing behavioral healthcare and human services organization based in Dedham, MA.
We are seeking an Assistant Vice President to help lead our Behavioral Health Services Division (BHS) specializing in Addiction Services.
The Assistant Vice President (AVP) of the Behavioral Health Services Division of Riverside Community Care is an extremely dynamic Senior Leadership position. In coordination with the Vice President of Behavioral Health Services, the AVP oversees, plans, administers, and supervises division operations. The AVP ensures the delivery of high quality, recovery-oriented, fiscally viable care, appropriate staff support and compliance with organizational, payer and regulatory requirements. The AVP has primary oversight responsibility for designated division programs, services and projects jointly identified with the Vice President of Behavioral Health Services and is responsible for direct management of these programs as necessary due to program manager vacancy. Provides back-up oversight of the entire Division in the absence of the Vice President of Behavioral Health Services, and as needed.
This division is actively developing multiple lines of services and initiatives, and requires a leader with program development and/or change management skills, who is flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Knowledge and experience with mental health and substance use services is required, and experience working in a healthcare environment (e.g. community health center, hospital setting, etc.) or with healthcare integration strongly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a reliable vehicle
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Extensive knowledge of the scientific and clinical foundations of evidence based treatment for substance use care
- Basic computer fluency, including Microsoft Office, required
- Minimum of a Masters Degree in a clinical behavioral health discipline required
- Massachusetts licensure at an independent level of practice required
- At least 7 years’ experience in healthcare/human services and addiction services, including at least 5 years project management experience, required, where responsibilities include managing multiple teams across multiple sites
- Experience/ knowledge of budget development, fiscal and operational oversight, operating in a 3rd party billing and managed care contracted environment required
- Knowledge of Emergency Service Programs, and Outpatient Services strongly preferred
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to respect, integrity and engagement of all individuals. We are committed to building an inclusive and culturally competent organization and we value the richness of having a diverse applicant pool. As an employer committed to equal opportunity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.