The Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, Inc. (“RGGI, Inc.”) seeks to hire a Program & Communications Associate to be based in New York City.
RGGI, Inc. is a non-profit corporation created to provide technical and administrative services to the states participating in the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI). RGGI is the first market-based regulatory program in the United States to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. RGGI is a cooperative effort among the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Virginia to cap and reduce CO2 emissions from the power sector.
1. Coordinate RGGI communications work, including:
- Develop presentations and background materials.
- Draft press releases and other communications materials.
- Monitor and coordinate responses to inquiries.
- Manage updates to the RGGI website.
2. Track and coordinate RGGI news items, external reports, and related developments on climate
and energy policy.
3. Support publication of annual report tracking RGGI states’ investments of RGGI auction
4. Coordinate data collection and analysis on carbon emissions, electricity generation, and other
5. Support creation of agendas, materials, and record-keeping for calls, webinars, and in-person
6. Provide support for regional process of program evaluation (RGGI Program Review), including
technical analyses and public meetings.
7. Provide support for the RGGI CO2 Allowance Tracking System (RGGI COATS) and CO2
compliance process, the RGGI offsets program, and other technical and/or administrative
support across program areas as needed.
- Academic record including, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree.
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience successfully facilitating or coordinating multiple projects, working with a diverse group of clients, and engaging with the public.
- Interest in climate change and energy policy and understanding of the technical/policy aspects of achieving greenhouse gas emissions reductions in the power sector.
- Strong project management, communications, organizational, and analytic skills.
- Ability to:
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively with state agency representatives and external parties.
- Prepare clear and effective written agendas, memos, reports, and presentations (including visuals).
- Approach projects with ownership from conception through planning and execution.
- Effectively prioritize when managing multiple projects or deadlines within one project.
- Problem-solve, think critically, and suggest process and system improvements.
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a small office, including the flexibility to take on ad-hoc projects and new responsibilities as needed.
- Work effectively in both remote environments and in-person, as circumstances allow.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and will include a benefits package.
Interested applicants should submit a resumé, cover letter, and 1-3 page writing sample (e.g., a memo, brief, or other concise informational document) to email@example.com addressed to Andrew J. McKeon, Executive Director. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
No telephone inquiries, please.
RGGI, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity employment.