2021 Commercial Graduate Rotational Program
Want to see your ideas have an impact? As a 2022 Commercial Graduate Rotational Program team member with RB, you’ll have the freedom to build relationships that drive results.
2022 Commercial Graduate Rotational Program
Year 1 – Field Sales Territory Manager: multiple field-sales territories across the USA, which may include: Parsippany, NJ; Denver, CO; Los Angeles, CA; Fort Lauderdale, FL; Bentonville, AR; Chicago, IL; and more.
Year 2 & 3 – Sales Analyst, Trade Marketing Analyst, Junior Key Account Manager + more! These roles are in various locations across the USA, which may include: Parsippany, NJ; Chicago, IL; Bentonville, AR; Minneapolis, MN; Cincinnati, OH; and more.
Relocation assistance, competitive salary & excellent benefits package
Reckitt is one of the world’s leading consumer health, hygiene, and nutrition companies. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions through our brands like Lysol, Mucinex, Enfamil, Airborne, Durex, Woolite, and Airwick. Thrive in an environment of high autonomy and accountability? Keen to be at the heart of the fastest growing health and hygiene company? Are you graduating in December 2021 or Spring 2022? Join our team!
Playing a key role in the Field Sales team, you’ll be responsible for developing strong relationships with some of our largest customers. You’ll build trust. You’ll educate. You’ll innovate. You’ll help them display merchandise more effectively or promote new lines. You’ll be at the front-end for promotional campaigns. You’ll understand your customers and help them to sell our products.
Our Commercial Graduate Program is an approximate 3 year rotational program designed for entrepreneurs who want to learn how to run a business. Rooted fundamentally in Sales, the program exposes bright go-getters to the fundamentals of FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods). You’ll learn how a product gets to shelf, how to impact that life cycle along the way, and how you become part of creating healthier lives and a cleaner world. This program affords you experiences across Field Sales, Trade Marketing, Category Management and Key Account Management to continue your career along a General Management path. Throughout your RB journey you have the opportunity to impact from day 1 and gain ownership of your business, including ownership of a P&L as you finish out the rotational program. Opportunities to work in various regional markets throughout your tenure will also broaden your knowledge of the FMCG landscape. Your performance in role will influence how quickly you progress through your experiences.
During the first rotation, you will start off as a full time Retail Territory Sales Manager where you will have the opportunity to gain RB and competitive product knowledge and increase your sales skills. You will also focus on gaining on-the-job experience; attending formalized training sessions and systems training while gaining invaluable account experience in preparation for future rotations within the program. Note: this is a field-based role where you are responsible for traveling to various locations within a territory.
Your initial rotation as a Territory Manager you will be responsible for optimizing in-store presence of all RB products for all stores within a defined retail selling territory. The TM acquires and maintains knowledge of products represented by RB, while servicing and selling products in assigned territory. This is the first step in building your commercial acumen. Responsibilities are focused on timely execution of 4 P (Presence, Placement, Promotion, and Pricing) including, but not limited to:
- 100% of authorized new products tagged &/or shelved within the prescribed timeline.
- 100% of authorized products tagged and on-shelf in every store.
- Maintain 100% authorized distribution in assigned territory and introduce new items.
- Maintain store shelf standards and inventory.
- Supply point of sales materials.
- Ensure proper placement of all displays in store.
- A display of inventory to support promotion.
- Suggest incremental inventory for display to support account ads, consumer coupon drops (FSIs), in-store coupon demos, and seasonality.
- Effectively leverage sell-sheets and surveys to communicate gaps in consumer demand and current inventory.
- Use suggested-order selling technique to drive sales.
- Communicate RB sales model pricing misalignment within RB lines.
- Assist accurate pricing and report discrepancy to customers.
- Must have a BS degree in a business or related discipline (management, finance, marketing, sales, engineering, etc.).
- Must demonstrate proven ability to work in a team.
- Proven analytical skills with ability to develop strategies, tactics and measurable implementation.
- Must possess strong work ethic.
- Must be self-motivated; proactive, seeks opportunities for self-improvement.
- Must possess capability to set priorities, establishes objectives and milestones, identifies and allocates resources appropriately.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be domestically mobile in order to progress career.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
You’ll succeed because…
…you’re tenacious and self-motivated, able to work independently. Entrepreneurial and proactive, you’ve proved you can create new opportunities to sell to business customers. You listen carefully and know what it takes to influence others. You take responsibility for your own career and seek out opportunities to develop your skills. You love your customers, so naturally they trust you.
You’ll love it because…
…you’ll get to make an impact like never before. You’ll be responsible for your own projects – we can’t wait to listen to your ideas. The products you get out there will make people’s lives better. Our iconic brands will provide an incredible platform for you. And our dynamic, ownership-driven culture will help bring the very best out of you, every day.
RB offers very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organization.
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by appropriate law. All hiring decisions are made based on merit, competence and business need.