Responsible for preparing excel spreadsheets of tax information (fye/excise tax provisions, interim tax monitors, tax returns, distribution calculations, etc.) from fund accounting reports. The majority of time is spent utilizing excel and data extracts to categorize and calculate book-tax adjustments related to transactions and holdings in the mutual funds. Candidate will interact with internal departments and external audit firms. Requires strong analytical skills and the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment. Position offers excellent opportunity to learn and develop expertise in mutual fund taxation, a field in which there is a significant shortage of experienced and qualified personnel.
- Prepare income and excise tax provisions and tax returns
- Prepare interim tax distribution monitors
- Perform distribution analyses for dividend recommendations to trustees
- Act as a liaison between internal customer/suppliers and external audit firms
- Attend required training as identified
- Candidate should have an undergraduate degree and preferably experience in retail or institutional accounting.
- Excel experience is required.
At Putnam we are committed to a diverse workforce and take positive steps to ensure equal opportunity in our recruitment process. We also undertake to hire, develop and retain the most talented individuals by valuing the varied skills that you bring.