Looking for a Pathology Technician to provide services at the 96th Medical Group Hospital at Eglin AFB, FL. In this role, you will work side-by-side with active duty military personnel performing a full range of pathology technician procedures.
Monday through Friday: 6:00 AM-5:30 PM (8hours)
- Prepare surgical, cytological and autopsy specimens.
- Receive and prepare specimens for fixation, dehydration and impregnation processes by either manually or automatically sending specimens through a series of formalins, alcohols, clearing agents and paraffins.
- Knowledge of organization, filing and proper storage of paraffin embedded tissue, glass slides, photographs and reports.
- Performance of immunohistochemistry.
- Experience in assisting a pathologist with fine needle aspiration procedures.
- Prepare frozen sections in a timely manner for review by the pathologist.
- Experience performing and recording quality control measures and collating the data.
- Knowledgeable in all areas of general laboratory procedures such as; methods of fixing, staining, embedding, and cutting all types of tissue.
- Have knowledge of properties of various biological stains and reagents, pathological equipment operations and medical laboratory terminology.
· Histotechnology Certificate (ASCP) or graduated from a medical laboratory technician training program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or educational program acceptable to the American Medical Technologist (AMT).
· Current certification as a Pathology Technician or Histopathology. Certification/registration as determined by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or AMT and Basic Life Support certification (BLS).
· 2 years of experience within the last 3 years
· Must have normal color vision.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a full benefits package, competitive salaries, vacation and holiday pay. Contact us for further details.