PhotoShelter is a 14-year-old, NYC-based pioneer in supporting and empowering visual storytellers.
Across our platform of SaaS products, we manage over 600 million assets for 80,000 professional photographers and hundreds of top universities, pro sports teams, consumer brands, and other organizations of all sizes. In January 2015, we launched our enterprise B2B solution, Libris, sparking a new high growth stage for the company. In 2019, we’ll be growing from 66 to roughly 100 employees, heading downtown to a new office space, and building on our established HR function to ensure we remain one of the best places to work in NYC Tech (as deemed by Internet Week).
These are exciting times for the PhotoShelter family, and we want you to be a part of them!
PhotoShelter is looking for an empathetic and motivated Technical Support Specialist to assist us with a customer base of photographers around the world. Over 80,000 photographers worldwide use PhotoShelter to power their success online, with customizable website templates, searchable photo galleries, e-commerce capabilities, and bulletproof image storage.
You’ll impact PhotoShelter by solving our customers’ basic & strategic challenges. Here’s how…you will:
- Deeply understand our B2C product, how it works, and the multitude of ways our clients (professional photographers, graphic designers, & other artists) use the system.
- Provide general support via phone and e-mail to our client base.
- Work with help desk and project tracking software (Zendesk, JIRA) to analyze and troubleshoot inbound customer issues.
- Escalate and follow all problems to resolution, executing timely agreed upon feedback to clients.
- Analyze and evaluate user problems and comments to inform future product improvements back to our product & engineering teams.
- Take on and manage specific projects as delegated by team lead and manager.
- Defuse tense situations with a level head and a smile that your dentist would be proud of!
To achieve success we’ll feel you will need:
- Excellent communication, writing, and problem-solving skills.
- A pleasant & professional phone voice & demeanor.
- To be highly organized and detail oriented, but able to move fast.
- To have strong customer service instincts and telephone skills.
- To listen, exhibit patience, and eloquently communicate difficult answers.
- To work in a fast-paced, dynamic, small company environment.
- Internet savvy and an interest in digital photo technologies, software, and workflows.
EXTRA Successful with:
- Experience with and PASSION for Photography.
- Familiarity with Zendesk and JIRA.
- A working knowledge of HTML.
- Experience with and a knack for helping frustrated customers.
- A history or experience with PhotoShelter? Awesome!
- The ability to grow within a scaling team and develop rich experience in technical support management & best practices.
- An inspired environment. Inc. Magazine named PhotoShelter one of the fastest growing companies in the US and we’ve been awarded one of the Best Places To Work in NYC by InternetWeek with special recognition for our employee happiness scores.
- Visual Media industry expertise through exposure to amazing photographers and videographers and new trends in the industry.
- Location. Beautiful views of Trinity Church, The Hudson & East rivers and FiDi.
- Brews. We brew our own beer (dubbed BrewShelter) as well as cold brew coffee.
- Food. Lots of it. Always. Usually in combination with photo slideshows and team events.
- Benefits. We offer the usual good stuff. Competitive annual salary, monthly commission, 401(k) with company match, insurance coverage (health, dental and vision, life), 28 PTO days from year 1, and commuter benefits.