Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Looking to do meaningful work helping others in the community as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner?
Pathways – one of the largest national providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health services, is in search of a compassionate, caring, growth-minded Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join our team in Washington.
For your passion and dedication as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, we offer paid training, career advancement opportunities, medical/dental/vision, PTO, paid holidays, flexible part time or full time flexible schedule and much, much more (read below)! We realize that your growth is paramount to our continued reputation of quality and service excellence, so we are ready to invest in YOU from day one!
About your Role:
Pathways of Washington is seeking an innovative and purpose driven individual to join our team as a full time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner that functions within the scope of practice as established by Washington State Department of Health and Department of Social and Health Services to provide individualized psychiatric medication evaluations, prescriptions and follow up visits as needed. Qualifying individuals include geriatric adults who have been discharged from state hospitals or have difficult behaviors to manage, and who also reside in assisted living facilities or adult family homes.
· Respond to Expanded Community Services (ECS) referrals with face-to-face appointment for Initial Evaluation within thirty (30) days from day of discharge from hospital or initial move into Assisted Living Facility or Adult Family Home
· Completion of Initial Evaluation utilizing records, and in collaboration with client, family members, residential staff, ECS team input and any other involved team members.
· Evaluation should include diagnostic impression and recommendations for treatment plan
· Prescribe or recommend psychiatric medications as needed. Monitor side effects, symptoms, labs, etc.
· Prepare and maintain all medical documentation of services
· See clients face-to-face in their living environment a minimum of once monthly for follow up and/or medications prescribed, or as recommended from evaluation, as well as after any medication changes, as needed, to maintain community living and avoid future hospitalization or decompensation
· Staffing with ECS Behavioral Support Team, which includes Washington licensed masters level behavioral support providers, who will see clients weekly for behavioral support, and skills training, as well as provide training to residential staff members so they are better able to support the clients in their living environment
· Staffing with DSHS monthly.
· Participates in management, staff and client meetings and training activities as required
· Consistently meets monthly Productivity Requirements, documentation standards and filing deadlines
· Maintain HIPAA, ethical standards and professional boundaries
· Other duties as assigned or necessary to support the program, office and/or the company
Does the Following Apply to You?
· A Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner must hold an active ARNP license in the state of Washington, must have experience working with geriatric population and/or receive Geriatric Mental Health Specialist
· Must have active DEA
· Be able to pass state and federal background checks. Have reliable vehicle with active car insurance
· Ability to perform basic word processing tasks and utilizes proprietary software for the completion of tasks or has the ability to learn these skills
Perks for working Full time at Pathways:
· 401 K Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision plans
· Paid Vacation days that increase with tenure after the first year!
· Separate Paid Sick leave that rolls over each year
· Paid Holidays
· Opportunities for advancement in our national company! As we grow, you grow with us!
· Employee Assistance Program
· Perks @ Pathways (student loan refinancing, pet insurance, Verizon wireless discount, movie, hotel, concert and sporting event discounts)
If you’re #readytoworkPathways of Washington is #readytohire!