Orlando Health – Orlando Regional Medical Center is currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our Neuro Step-Down team!
The Neuroscience Stepdown Unit is an AACN Beacon award winning 16-bed level II unit organized to provide highly skilled medical and nursing care to acutely ill and injured patients. The focus of the unit is to provide the necessary monitoring of those patients requiring specialized nursing care and medical treatment for neurological illnesses and injuries on a 24 hour, seven-day week basis.
The unit provides specialized care for patients requiring comprehensive neurological assessments, hemodynamic monitoring, maintenance of blood pressure, and other treatments that are necessary to treat the complex neuro patient. Managing physicians include Neurosurgery, Medical Teaching Service (MTS), and Internal Medicine Group (IMG). The staff collaborates with multiple disciplines including care coordination, physical, occupational, and speech therapy, respiratory therapy, dietician, spiritual care, and pharmacists to meet the needs of this population.
Reasons to Choose Orlando Health :
- Competitive Pay: Evening, nights, and weekend shift differentials offered for qualifying positions.
- Professional Growth: Promotional clinical ladder opportunities available.
- All Inclusive Benefits: Student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, back up elder and childcare, pet insurance, and more for full time and part time employees.
- Employee-centric: The Neuroscience Stepdown Unit is an AACN Beacon award winning unit.
- Committed to Community: Orlando Health provides more than $450 million in total value to the community in the form of charity care, community benefit programs and services, community building activities and more.
Graduate from an approved school of nursing
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Florida or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC)
- BLS/Healthcare Provider certification
- ACLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC required for certain areas.
Orlando Health is Connecting Talent with Opportunity