Organomation, an established, analytical laboratory instrument manufacturer located in Berlin, MA seeks a motivated individual to support its Sales & Marketing activities.
The position involves daily interaction with laboratory managers, technicians and other natural sciences professionals. Consequently, an in-depth understanding of Organomation’s sample preparation products is required in order to match analytical solutions to customer needs.
The successful candidate must be able to multitask and manage various aspects of daily operations including, but not limited to: customer service, sales development, international and domestic shipping logistics, tracking and analyzing sales and marketing metrics, supporting and implementing sales and marketing initiatives, managing the Organomation’s website and continuing development of its internet objectives.
– Respond to and qualify incoming web, fax and phone inquiries and RFQ’s (Requests for Quotes)
– Manage all steps of the sales process from quote creation, credit approval and follow-up to shipping
– Foster and support relationships with customers and distributors through responsive follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest in Organomation’s products
– Maintain high closure rate of RFQ’s to meet the Company’s growth objectives
– Interact with 3rd party contractors and suppliers and meet multiple deadlines in a timely fashion
– Assist on other projects as needed
Requirements and Desired Skills:
– A Bachelor’s Degree (Chemistry or other science related major preferred, but not required) and has a strong interest in sales and marketing
– Strong analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
– Strong desire to learn and ability to adapt to changing routines
– Excellent written/verbal/presentation/communication skills
– High energy, positive attitude and intellectual curiosity
– Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time and projects effectively
– Competence using Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word is required