Move your career through a paid summer internship at an accountable, transparent, and fun public agency that delivers on its promises. At the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) in California, we’re improving freeways, building a new streetcar, and driving many multimodal transportation projects. You’ll gain professional training and career mentoring from top talent in the industry. Come to Orange County this summer and be part of our team!
Provides administrative support to compile, produce, notice and distribute the Board of Directors and Board-appointed Committee agendas/agenda packets and support of the meetings. Participate in the operation of the Clerk of the Board Department (a Board-support Department). Serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors in support of various requests, gathers information for Board Members and their staff, as necessary. Participates in the processing of public records requests, legal documents, and Statement of Economic Interests – Form 700 and other mandates overseen by the Clerk of the Board Department.
– 10-week, paid internship
– $15 – $18 per hour
– 36-40 hour work weeks
– Work in the Clerk of the Board department of the CEO’s office
– Located in Orange County, California
– Professional development trainings
– Flexible start/end date
- Provides administration and technical assistance to the Clerk of the Board by performing specialized duties and adhering to legislative mandates.
- Assists on compiling various Committee agendas, along with associated agenda materials, prepares agenda follow-up documents, coordinates documentation with other departments, and follows established guidelines to oversee the reprographic processing of these agendas, with the final step in the distribution of the agenda packets and digital postings.
- Interfaces with Authority staff, Board Members and their staff, as well as other public agencies, to resolve issues, answer questions, and provide information as required regarding Committee and Board agendas.
- Assists in processing legal documents and public records requests received on behalf of the Authority.
- Supports Board-appointed Committee functions, including meeting coordination and set-up, meeting noticing, minute taking and transcription, along with coordination of presentation materials.
- Coordinates and updates Board and Committee meeting calendars, and performs time stamping and trimming Board and Committee live recordings.
- Assists with coordination of Public Hearings which includes publishing notices in newspapers in multi-languages, reserving a court reporter and/or sign-language interpreters, translators, and reconciling related invoices.
Education and Pay
Pay is determined by level of education.
Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree: $15/hour
– College students must be enrolled full-time in a two or four-year college program, at an accredited college or university, and follow a course of study leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree.
Recent Graduate: $16/hour
– Students that graduate with their bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in the fall of 2020 or spring of 2021, are eligible.
Pursuing a Master’s Degree: $18/hour
– College students enrolled full time and pursing a master’s degree from an accredited college.
Application and Selection Process:
This position will remain open until filled. For further information about this exciting career opportunity and to apply online, please visit our website at https://careers.octa.net/octa-careers/jobs/2600?lang=en-us. We are unable to accept resumes in lieu of an online application. OCTA does not sponsor H1B or other work visas. For additional information, please contact the Employment Office at (714) 560-5600.