OCB is seeking an experienced Intermediate Ophthalmic Technician to work with our Cornea Team in our Boston, Cambridge & Danvers offices with occasional travel to our Waltham office. Schedule: Monday-Friday, 4 rotating days.
- 2+ years of experience as an Ophthalmic Technician.
- Ability to pass Intermediate level Ophthalmic Technician skill evaluation.
- COA certification preferred.
- Significant knowledge of anatomy and physiology of the eye including systemic and ocular disease, ocular surgery and procedures, intermediate medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Knowledge of ophthalmic pharmacology.
- Understanding of the theory and workings behind specific testing and stages of the exam.
- High level of proficiency with technology. Demonstrated experience accurately and thoroughly completing electronic medical records and updating management computer systems.
- Strong professional interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated respect for staff and patients and experience maintaining confidentiality.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to refract and applanation tonometry experience a plus.
OCB offers a generous benefits package to its benefits eligible staff members. To find out more about OCB, please visit our website at www.eyeboston.com.
OCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.