Open Systems Technologies is a leading staffing and consulting company that focuses its efforts on providing people operations, recruiting and human capital management strategies for a variety of companies – from the Fortune 100 to top startups. We bring with us 31 years of market expertise to provide our clients with the best talent and talent finding strategies out there.
As our company continues to expand, we are constantly looking for smart, hardworking and accomplished individuals that will help contribute to our company’s growth.
Recent college graduates – this is your chance to apply and join Open Systems Technologies. We are searching for incredibly ambitious professionals to join our amazing team!
This position requires an uncommon balance of creativity, drive, strong interpersonal skills as well as savvy analytical skills. You will be required to think quickly on your feet and develop lasting relationships with candidates. You must have a proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced, changing work environment as well as the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage work time efficiently.
There won’t be a typical day here, but we’ll try our best to describe what working at OST is like.
Your first month will consist of learning the ropes, getting to know your coworkers, the procedures and the types of roles you will recruit for. To help understand what you’ll be doing a little better, here’s some more in-depth information.
- Gain a deep understanding of the ins and outs of recruiting, understanding the full lifecycle.
- Learn about the technologies we recruit for, understand the lingo and what the people we recruit really do – from Project Managers to Software Engineers.
- Access tools and job boards for recruiting and gain an understanding of best practices.
You’ve been at OST for three months now, we hope you’re a little more comfortable and have a better understanding of what recruiters really do.
- Build and maintain relationships. You will spend a large majority of your time sourcing and screening focusing on building up your network. You will be a cold calling guru.
- You will work one on one with the top sales and recruiting professionals in our office and the industry. They will help mentor you and teach you the tricks of the trade.
- Call, Qualify, Submit, repeat. Since you’re cold calling so many people, you will be submitting a fair share of those candidates in hopes that they get interviews and you will get your first few placements. We’ll walk you through every step and help you understand what the right candidates look like.
Six months in, you’re halfway to your one-year mark. You’ve made a tremendous amount of progress, but you’ve truly only just begun.
- You have learned what a good candidate looks like and how to talk to every kind of candidate under the sun, and your technical lingo is on point.
- You’re constantly scheduling first, second and third round interviews, a constant flow of interviews has turned into deal after deal.
- We helped you close a few deals, now you’re able to do everything on your own with just a little help from your managers.
Congratulations! You finished your first year with OST. This past year, you’ve grown more than you ever expected as a recruiter and a person, but your best work is on the horizon. You’re now able to make a greater impact in the office, your voice can be heard.
- You will expand upon your online sourcing methods. Participating in events, meetups, and hackathons is a creative way for us to source talent.
- Think about bringing on your own clients, we never want to limit your potential, we want you to be the best Recruiter and/or Salesperson you can be.
In the future, you will continue to establish yourself as a key member of the people team by not only making individual contributions as a full cycle recruiter, but also working on high-level strategy and process improvement
Who You Are
- You are passionate about recruiting – you keep abreast of news and trends in the industry
- You are a highly ambitious individual who demonstrates a strong initiative and independent thinking
- You have strong writing and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
What We Offer
- An excellent PTO plan
- A fun, engaged and community focused culture – we focus less on competition and more on ensuring everyone has the tools they need to be successful here
- Fantastic compensation packages – an aggressive/unlimited commission plan
- Access to mentors/upper management and one-on-one training to learn industry knowledge and recruiting tactics
- Eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance as well as Life and AD&D Insurance and 401k plan
- Professional recruiting environment with the opportunity for advancement – we promote from within