Associate, Investment Administration and Portfolio Support
NY Green Bank, New York City Headquarters
NY Green Bank (“NYGB”) is a globally recognized sustainable investment fund with the mission to accelerate clean energy and sustainable infrastructure deployment in New York State (“NYS” or the “State”). NYGB works to increase the size, volume and breadth of sustainable infrastructure investment activity throughout the State, expand the base of investors focused on NYS clean energy opportunities and increase market participants’ access to capital on commercial terms. To achieve these objectives, NYGB collaborates with the private sector to develop transaction structures and methodologies that overcome typical clean energy investment barriers and serve as replicable models for other capital providers. NYGB is a division of the New York State Energy Research & Development Authority (“NYSERDA”).
As of March 31, 2021, NYGB has invested more than $1.3 billion across a range of technologies including solar, wind, clean transportation, community distributed generation, energy storage, controlled environment agriculture, bioenergy, energy efficiency, and others. NYGB’s investment activities demonstrate that many of the financial market barriers to sustainable infrastructure projects in NYS are surmountable.
NYGB’s teammates are mission-driven, solutions-oriented professionals with:
· Deep credit, risk, strategy, and operational expertise
· Extensive project finance experience with a technical edge in clean energy and sustainable infrastructure finance
The team is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and works with a wide range of clean energy market stakeholders with diverse interests and backgrounds – including through its effort to meet the goals of the Climate Leadership & Community Protection Act by investing in projects benefiting the State’s disadvantaged communities.
NYGB seeks a highly motivated, detailed-oriented individual with excellent organizational, execution, analytic, and communication skills to work in the critical area of Investment Administration & Portfolio Support (“IAPS”). This position reports to the IAPS Director. The individual will work across the organization, especially the Investment, Operations & Finance, Legal & Regulatory Affairs, Risk & Compliance teams, as well as with external service providers.
Proactively coordinate numerous weekly client fundings
· Draft funding checklist templates based on underlying legal documentation
· Schedule fundings and create related communication channels
· Examine the details of relevant funding mechanics
Onboard New & Modified Transactions
· Register new investments in electronic databases for transaction profiles, reporting requirements and collateral summaries
· Ensure transaction hard copy documents are properly stored, recorded and retained
· Set up control account access by NYGB for transaction accounts held at external banks
· Authorize and/or sign up internal NYGB and external third party access to data rooms
· Report on the timely delivery of all reporting notices and provide succinct summaries about deviations
· Prepare weekly report on overall fundings, checklists, modifications & overdue reporting
· Assist processing of fundings and amendments by gathering control account and other information for use by investment team
· Assist in the development and implementation of new systems to improve overall position functions
· Perform ad hoc analyses and research to support NYGB’s teams and mission as well as other responsibilities as assigned
Core Competencies & Experience:
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience with legal agreements for financial transactions, loan administration, compliance, and/or portfolio management
· Bachelor’s degree
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to succinctly summarize concepts
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Self-starter who is able to organize workload priorities
· Able to handle a large volume and variety of projects in parallel
· Able to meet time sensitive deadlines
· Takes ownership of tasks and projects and follows through on obligations and promises
· Flexible and adaptable to changing organizational needs for the position
· Proficient in Microsoft Office; Microsoft SharePoint experience helpful but not required
Candidates will be considered based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is offered.
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.
NYSERDA is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting the Designee for Reasonable Accommodations (DRA) and Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator which can be found under the Americans with Disabilities Act section of this page labeled as “Reasonable Accommodation Contact Information.”