GENERAL DESCRIPTION/MISSION STATEMENT: A staff nurse in the Critical Care Services is responsible for applying the nursing process in providing nursing care to all patients admitted into Critical Care Services. He/she must be adequately prepared by experience and training to care for cases ranging in acuity from non-urgent to life threatening and from minor to complex health issues. He/she must demonstrate an ability to cope with extreme emergency situations while displaying calm, and demonstrate a recognition of the value and dignity of the individual without regard to the nature of the illness(es) or the circumstances leading to same.
1. Admit patients according to established guidelines.
2. Assess patients physical and psychosocial needs and implement a plan of care to address the needs.
3. Transcribe/implement physician orders in a timely and efficient manner.
4. Assess patient/significant other education needs and provide instruction as appropriate.
5. Participate in department quality improvement activities.
6. Comply with mandated hospital and department education programs.
7. Accept responsibility for professional growth and development..
8. Support Risk Management and Infection Control programs.
9. Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and objectives of the TAMC organization.
1. Performs other work related duties as assigned.
1. Current Maine Registered Nurse License or license eligible by employment start date..
Must be available for weekend and shift assignments consistent with the collective bargaining agreement.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Currently certified in ACLS or will obtain within 6 months, and maintain.
2. Experience in Critical Care nursing is preferred.
3. Skilled in the care of all levels of acuity.
4. Skilled in the use of routine emergency equipment.
5. Good interpersonal skills preferred.
6. PALS and CCRN preferred.
Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status