The Infection Control Preventionist is trained in hospital epidemiology principles and is responsible for the surveillance, analysis, and reporting of health care acquired infections, education of employees about infection control; and assisting with the development of health system policies and procedures to ensure rigorous infection control standards that meet The Joint Commission, CMS federal guidelines, OSHA, State Public Health and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) requirements and Quality agencies.
• In collaboration with the Infection Control Committee, designs and implements a surveillance plan and program objectives. • Systematically collects data for the purpose of identifying and tracking high risk, high volume healthcare-associated infections and sources of infection. • Reviews and revises house wide infection prevention and control policies/procedures to meet changing practices and standards of care. • Assures compliance in all aspects of infection surveillance, prevention, and control; serves as infection control resource. • Performs complete and accurate documentation including charging within the electronic medical record. • Maintains and exhibits a current knowledge of profession and participates in continuing education. • Maintains a safe environment complying with NLH policies and procedures; reports and directly addresses environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed. • May perform other duties upon request.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Registered Nurse
* Bachelor’s Degree