The Director of Nursing Services is a Registered Professional Nurse who is responsible for the organization and administration of all health care services in the facility.
• Attaining 99th percentile in resident/family satisfaction.
• Developing and periodically updating the nursing service objectives and statements of philosophy.
• Developing standards of nursing practice.
• Developing and maintaining nursing policy and procedure manuals.
• Developing and maintaining written job descriptions for each level of nursing personnel.
• Developing methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services.
• Recruiting and retaining the number and level of nursing personnel necessary to meet the nursing care needs of each resident.
• Assuring staff training programs for nursing service personnel are developed.
• Ensuring that safe work practices are followed.
• Participating in the planning and budgeting for nursing services.
• Assessing the nursing requirements for each resident admitted.
• Assuring that nursing care personnel are following the residents’ care plan.
• Assuring compliance with established State and Federal regulations.
• Incorporating Performance Improvement into daily activities and demonstrates improvement in outcomes or processes.
• Provides information for the monthly board report.
• Tracks incident reports for the facility and reports to the State any reportable med errors, and also notifies resident’s family.
• 15. Performs other duties as assigned by the facility Administrator.