Weekends-Work 32 hours/week and get paid for 40 hours/week!
Sign-On Bonus for experienced RNs (Registered Nurses) meeting eligibility criteria!
Come find the fulfillment that comes with a career outside the walls of traditional nursing practice!
The field of home care is quickly evolving to meet the future demands healthcare while leveraging technology to meet patient needs throughout Maine. Our RN (Registered Nurse) positions are unique by offering in-home, quality care one on one to patients in a setting where they feel most comfortable. Our clinicians work with patients and caregivers to create unique patient centered care plans that provide positive impacts on patient outcomes.
Each day brings new opportunities for learning, and at Northern Light Home Care & Hospice, we promote continuing education for the professional growth of our Registered Nurses (RNs). We also provide more scheduling flexibility than other fields to promote improved work-life balance.
Discover what your career has been missing! Come join our team of compassionate, skilled clinicians while exploring our beautiful state!
To learn more about us, click here: https://northernlighthealth.org/Homecare-Hospice
Directs and supervises the provision of healthcare to patients in their place of residence. Assesses patient health problems and needs, develops and implements nursing care plans, and maintains medical records. Administers nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients. Advises patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provides case management.
• Collaborates with members of the healthcare team to provide integrative care for all patients through assessment, care plan development, and evaluation of patient outcomes as supported by completed documentation.
• Administers medications to patients and monitor patients for reactions or side effects.
• Records patients’ medical information and vital signs within the electronic medical record.
• Monitors, records, and reports symptoms or changes in patients’ conditions within electronic medical record.
• Performs complete and accurate documentation within the electronic medical record as indicated per Agency policy.
• Consults and coordinates with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans and modifies plan of care based on patient outcomes.
• Provides service and produces work at or above expected levels of quality and consistent with agency defined quantitative standards.
• Maintains and exhibits a current knowledge of profession and participates in continuing education.
• Maintains a safe environment complying with NLH policies and procedures; reports and directly addresses environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed.
• May perform other duties upon request.
Competencies and skills:
* 1+ years of relative work experience required.
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one’s behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization’s benefit.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Influences and Inspires: Builds enthusiasm and commitment among others to move in a desired direction and models it personally. Creates a compelling vision of success that motivates workplace initiative and energizes others to follow. Provides direction and guidance to encourage cooperation between team members in order to attain an objective. Has the ability to appropriately influence others’ actions and decisions with and without express authority.
* No previous experience required.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
* Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
* Registered Nurse
* Associate’s Degree
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).
Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status