Position directs and works with human resource employees on recruitment, total compensation, employee relations and training and development. Executes against established objectives and delivers services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success. Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as standards.
Candidates must be relocatable to the Jackson Hole, WY
Managing Legal and Compliance Practices
- Ensures terminated employee files are retained for the required length of time.
- Ensures compliance on all human resource audits.
- Ensures proper documentation of all progressive disciplinary action is kept in employee file.
- Ensures compliance with key policies (e.g., Sexual Harassment, Non-Harassment, Non-Discrimination).
- Works with the unemployment services provider to respond to unemployment claims.
- Attends unemployment hearings and ensures property is properly represented.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures Guarantee of Fair Treatment policy is consistently followed and proper documentation is maintained on all disciplinary issues.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably and that issues are brought to resolution.
- Administers property policies fairly and consistently.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to standards.
Managing Human Resources Communication
- Communicates changes to the benefit plans in a timely manner.
- Communicates property rules and regulations via an employee handbook.
- Coaches managers on progressive discipline process.
Managing Staffing and Employee Development Activities
- Participates in the interviewing and hiring of Human Resources employee team members.
- Ensures performance evaluations and merit increase paperwork are maintained in employee files.
- Manages performance appraisal process (e.g., ensures reviews are conducted in a timely manner, increases are processed quickly, and management performance appraisal is completed).
Maintaining Employee Relations
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Utilizes an “open door” policy to address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures effective employee communication channels are established and active in departments.
- Ensures employees establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with their team members.
- Strives to improve employee retention.
- Solicits employee feedback.