ABOUT NEW PROFIT
New Profit is a nonprofit venture philanthropy organization that backs breakthrough social entrepreneurs who are advancing equity and opportunity in America. New Profit’s strategy focuses on building a breakthrough portfolio of grantee-partners to take on entrenched systemic challenges in America, including by driving resources and support to Black, Indigenous, and Latino/a/x social entrepreneurs who have unique proximity to solutions, but face stark racial funding disparities in philanthropy; and investing in social entrepreneurs with new systems change models across a range of issues. Learn more at www.newprofit.org.
The Portfolio Investing team’s focus is to identify and support a portfolio of organizations demonstrating outstanding performance in four key areas: impact, equity and proximity, leadership, and sustainability. Our role is to identify the most promising social entrepreneurs and organizations for investment, ensure that we are providing them with excellent capacity building support, and develop and continually refine a set of tools and processes that support our grantees and the portfolio team in capturing their progress and our value add.
This position represents a key member of the portfolio team, which will focus on a range of critical activities related to portfolio performance measurement and management. Activities include working to design and build measurement tools and processes that center equity and give portfolio leadership line of sight into the health of individual portfolio organizations, subsets of the portfolio and the portfolio writ large. This includes managing and overseeing the execution of data collection and analysis from portfolio organizations as well as internal senior portfolio staff. It also includes working with portfolio leadership to continue to refine and update New Profit’s approach to portfolio measurement and management as well as other key portfolio activities such as selection of prospective grantees and capacity building efforts based on insights from data and performance measurement.
As part of New Profit’s Portfolio Performance and Support (PPS) team, this position will also play a role in supporting other portfolio functions and activities and overall team goals. The Manager reports to a New Profit Partner and may be asked to manage Associate(s) on the portfolio team. This position can be either in Boston or DC.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Coordinate with New Profit senior leaders to ensure portfolio assessment and performance measurement tools and activities reflect our values – especially advancing equity and continuous learning – and support our ultimate goals and mission.
- Lead the drafting of annual and quarterly plans and objectives for New Profit’s “Measure & Reporting” function and track progress against workstreams.
- Serve as New Profit’s central point of contact for performance data inquiries both internally and externally. Conduct reporting orientation calls and meetings to support new grantees’ ability to report outcomes and impact.
- Create, refine and manage tools and processes to capture and analyze the outcomes and impact of portfolio organizations, the progress of their capacity building efforts, and New Profit value add.
- Manage the process for quarterly and annual reviews of portfolio health and progress and create compelling reports with nuanced analysis and presentations on portfolio data and trends.
- Facilitate key meetings that provide staff and portfolio leadership line of sight into portfolio health and progress.
- Support the diligence of potential grantees by reviewing potential grantees’ approaches to impact and any relevant evidence and impact data.
- Support implementation of the Portfolio team’s strategy and its operational effectiveness through various activities and projects as needed.
WHO YOU ARE
At New Profit we believe that performance measurement and data practices have historically played a role in maintaining inequitable and oppressive systems. The Manager, Impact Measurement & Learning will help us lead a new future for measurement in philanthropy that centers equity and supports rigorous learning and improvement. To do so you will bring:
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to New Profit’s mission of advancing equity and opportunity for our country’s most marginalized communities
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with qualitative and quantitative analysis and synthesis and presentation of key findings and themes
- Experience designing and maintaining user-friendly, engaging, and aesthetically pleasing data dashboards and materials
- Demonstrated project management experience; highly organized and detail-oriented
- Adaptable and able to manage multiple, changing priorities and stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to switch between work that requires high level strategic thinking, and work that is more focused on logistics, operations and execution
- Experience managing data systems and/or creating and managing data architectures that integrate information from multiple sources preferred
- Social sector experience preferred
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please go to New Profit’s Career page and submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume addressed to Amina Fahmy. If a cover letter isn’t received your application will not be considered.
As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Please no phone calls or direct emails.