ABOUT NEW PROFIT
New Profit is a nonprofit venture philanthropy organization that backs breakthrough social entrepreneurs who are advancing equity and opportunity in America. New Profit’s strategy focuses on building a breakthrough portfolio of grantee-partners to take on entrenched systemic challenges in America, including by driving resources and support to Black, Indigenous, and Latino/a/x social entrepreneurs who have unique proximity to solutions, but face stark racial funding disparities in philanthropy; and investing in social entrepreneurs with new systems change models across a range of issues. Learn more at www.newprofit.org.
The Portfolio Investing team’s focus is to identify and support a portfolio of organizations demonstrating outstanding performance in four key areas: impact, equity and proximity, leadership, and sustainability. Our role is to identify the most promising social entrepreneurs and organizations for investment, ensure that we are providing them with excellent capacity building support, and develop and continually refine a set of tools and processes that support our grantees and the portfolio team in capturing their progress and our value add.
New Profit is looking for a strategic, adaptive, collaborative, and analytic problem-solver excited about social entrepreneurship and venture philanthropy.
As a key member of the Portfolio Team, the Portfolio Associate will engage in a broad range of critical activities across team functions. The Portfolio team comprises the Investment Selection, Support & Learn, and Measurement & Reporting functions. Together, the team is responsible for identifying and selecting organizations into New Profit’s portfolio, providing line of sight into the health and performance of the portfolio to leadership and key stakeholders, and supporting senior portfolio staff in advising the Social Entrepreneurs and organizations they work with. The Portfolio Associate will provide strong project management, coordination and operational support across the team’s key functions. As part of the New Profit team, this position also plays an important role in supporting fundraising, network management, and enterprise management goals and objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Portfolio Measurement & Reporting:
- Coordinate our quarterly and semi-annual portfolio data collection processes with current grantees and alumni including analyzing and providing synthesis of the data to portfolio leadership.
- Respond to inbound requests for data and analysis from New Profit team members across the organization related to individual and collective portfolio performance and New Profit supports and value add
Portfolio Investment Selection:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a strong, robust pipeline of potential portfolio organizations and ensure tracking of updated information in our database systems.
- Participate in screening and diligence activities to assess the strength of candidate organizations as new portfolio investments and include high quality materials (memos and presentations) to present findings and analysis on prospective grantees.
- Assist in the codification of best practices and insights from across the portfolio and field of social entrepreneurship and development of high quality and accessible content (written reports, graphic and audio/visual presentations, etc.)
- Support the ongoing organization, curation, and updating of portfolio support resources to facilitate easy access and use by senior portfolio staff and portfolio organizations
WHO YOU ARE
- You’re an adept project manager capable of driving multifaceted works streams toward deadlines and juggling changing priorities
- You have sharp analytical skills that allow you to quickly assess situations, identify trends, develop insights and solutions, and apply learnings to a larger context
- You’re a strong communicator, able to convey ideas in a clear, compelling, and concise manner, both verbally, and in writing, and in slides.
- You consistently deliver high-quality work and have a keen eye for details
- You show up with a high level of interpersonal maturity and poise
- You are able to learn and grow from mistakes and have the desire to constantly improve
- You’re very comfortable using Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- You know why and how you’re committed to New Profit’s mission, social entrepreneurship, and social change
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please go to New Profit’s Career page and submit your resume.
As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Please no phone calls or direct emails.