Minimum Qualifications Include:
- at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
The Seasonal Marine Patrol Officer Trainee may be assigned to working any of the patrol areas located throughout the State. Throughout their patrol season, officers may be called upon to perform any or all of the following duties:
- Patrol assigned areas using State patrol boats.
- Respond to emergencies and other calls for assistance.
- Enforce State boating and criminal laws.
- Investigate boating accidents and drownings.
- Conduct inspections of commercial boats and testing of commercial boat operators.
- Conduct Boating Safety Education Classes.
- Install, maintain, and remove State marine aids to navigation.
- Conduct criminal investigations and generate cases for prosecution.
- Interact with other law enforcement and safety agencies.