Senior Research Associate – Center for Clinical and Translational Research
Coordinates activities of technical and professional employees engaged in laboratory research. Conducts independent research and prepares position papers; Ensures research experiments and laboratory analyses are performed in accordance with specific guidelines.
Schedule: Full time, Benefits Eligible
Abigail Wexner Research Institute
700 Children’s Drive
Columbus, OH 43205
Why Nationwide Children’s Hospital
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
- Conducts independent research studies and laboratory analysis in a specific area agreed upon in conjunction with a principal investigator.
- Sets up research experiments and arranges from subjects to be used in research experiments through appropriate hospital and research institute procedures.
- Collects and analyzes data in accordance with appropriate statistical procedures, and prepares reports, inclusive of graphs, tables, and photographs, of the results of studies.
- Collaborates and interacts with other researchers doing similar studies at CRI and at other research institutions.
- Prepares position papers about research studies including information about difficulties encountered in setting up and conducting research studies.
- Assists in the preparation of scientific publications and grant proposals with regard to a specific area of research.
- Attends scientific conferences and gives scientific presentations.
- Serves as a resource person for other investigators and as a mentor to less experienced research personnel.
- Prepares budget proposals for supplies and equipment needed to conduct research.
- Monitors study expenditures to assure that budgetary constraints are followed.
- Performs miscellaneous related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Master of Science degree with one to two years of laboratory research experience. PhD or other advanced degrees preferred.
- Must be able to use research methods in generating and collecting data and analyzing the data for report preparation.
- Must be able to develop complex position papers and reports and help in preparation of research grant proposals and scientific publications.
Percent of time spent on:
50% Conducting research studies
25% Collecting and analyzing data
10% Preparing position papers, publications and grant proposals
05% Resource person for other investigators
05% Mentoring less experienced research personnel
05% Purchasing supplies
Minimum physical requirements:
100% Kneeling / reaching
100% Finger dexterity
100% Talking / hearing / seeing
33% Lifting / carrying weight 0-20 pounds for 1-5 minutes
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.