The world of energy is changing faster than ever. At National Grid, the work you do will touch lives and shape the way we use and consume energy for generations to come. Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business. We’re planning, innovating and working to be as vital and relevant as ever before for our customers and communities. Join us and be at the heart of clean energy transition.
About the Graduate Development Program
National Grid’s Graduate Development Program (GDP) is an in-depth training and development program for high achieving recent college graduates who aspire to take on future leadership roles in a dynamic, ever-changing industry. Graduates are the future of National Grid. Bringing fresh thinking, new perspectives and enthusiasm to our team, we’ll give you real responsibility and an opportunity to make an impact from day one – putting the power to supercharge your career in your hands.
Graduates start their careers at National Grid with an in-depth Orientation which gives you exposure to all parts of the company, allows you to network with your Graduate cohort, GDP alumni, and senior leaders, and provides you with the opportunity to travel throughout our service territory in the northeast US. Following Orientation, Graduates begin working in their hired position and take part ongoing development activities through your first year including monthly development sessions, active mentorship, and a Capstone Project at the completion of your first year with National Grid.
National Grid is aiming for an in-person GDP experience for Summer 2022. However, we will continue to monitor the impacts of COVID-19 and will shift to a virtual program if necessary, in order to honor our commitment to our young talent pipeline.
To support business development and coordinate acquisitions, disposals and corporate restructuring with high quality business analysis and project management that supports National Grid’s hydrogen efforts.
- Plan and lead detailed financial and business analysis of strategic initiatives and business transactions.
- Bring an understanding of market dynamics and strategic context into the detailed financial modelling, taking account of regulatory, cost management, market developments, tax and other factors.
- Contribute to the development of valuation modelling tools and techniques.
- Keep abreast of latest market valuation techniques in the market and understand implications for how National Grid should carry out valuation.
- Support company divestiture/restructuring processes, contract negotiation and successful transition of disposal candidates/assets.
- Manage multidisciplinary teams to ensure timely and accurate delivery of work.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited institution; Business or Policy degree, preferred
- Graduated between May 2021 and June 2022
- Ability to begin the National Grid Graduate Program May 31, 2022 or June 27, 2022
- Valid US driver’s license
- Proven leadership experience
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the desire to work in an emerging business
- Applicants for the Graduate Development Program must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States