Full Time Position for a Research Associate at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
The Breen Lab in the Depts. of Psychiatry and Genetics and Genomic Sciences at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is looking for a Research Associate to lead genomic analyses of single cell RNA sequencing data. Research in our laboratory is at the intersection of functional genomics, computational biology and neuroscience (our lab website: https://labs.icahn.mssm.edu/breenlab/). The applicant should be highly motivated to study neurodevelopmental and neuropsychiatric disorders and should have some computational or statistical experience using R, python, perl and/or matlab. Experience in molecular and/or neurobiology techniques, and functional validation of disease-associated variants is a plus, but not required.
In addition to managing daily lab responsibilities, Research Associates will have the opportunity to develop their own projects for abstract/paper submission, collaborate on large projects with diverse team members and co-author scientific publications. This position is a good fit for students hoping to apply to graduate or medical school in the near future as well as established researchers looking for long-term research careers.
1. Two or more years of experience in basic science laboratory research, with independent work in computational biology or cell culture preferred.
2. Able to work independently and as part of a team.
3. Must be self-motivated, organized, and have excellent communication skills.
4. Must be consistent and committed to research.
5. Willing to make a one-year (or more) commitment.
6. Bachelor’s Degree at start time of employment highly preferred
Interested applicants should email email@example.com with any questions as well as their resumes and a paragraph on why you are interested to apply.