Mothership Strategies is a top-ranking Democratic digital fundraising firm. We are experts in engaging grassroots supporters online through digital fundraising and online advertising. Mothership has raised over $600 million for some of the largest Democratic campaigns and most influential progressive causes. We are a motivated and passionate team that loves taking ownership of tasks, solving problems, and working towards results. When Democratic candidates and organizations need to unite millions of supporters to raise money online, they call us.
We’re looking for a dynamic Recruiter with some Generalist capabilities to join our HR team. This newly created position will play a critical role on our team by partnering with managers to anticipate and meet the evolving needs of our Company, delivering the best talent to the company, and carrying out established procedures with the HR team. This person will report to the HR Manager.
The starting pay range is $70,000+ annually and is commensurate with experience.
SPECIFICALLY, AS A RECRUITER, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Managing full life-cycle recruiting to meet the various staffing goals, inclusive of diversity goals and initiatives
- Dive deeply into our mission and values, team culture, and plans for expansion to fully understand the best candidates for our company
- Develop and maintain a standardized hiring process by leveraging and implementing our ATS (Greenhouse) to streamline our recruiting and hiring
- Launch and oversee talent acquisition from candidate sourcing and recruiting to interviews and candidate selection along side the hiring committee; strong understanding of best practices around sourcing, compensation negotiation, closing techniques, and hiring methodologies
- Conducting recruiting training for staff
- Develop standardized HR metrics to ensure a data-driven approach for decision making
- Coordinate recruitment activities that can include job fairs, campus events, internal events, etc. and align these activities with organizational goals for hiring and retention
OTHER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with managers to develop a comprehensive Fellows program
- Involved on new hire orientations and employee engagement initiatives
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in Human Resources, talent management, and employment law
- Analysis of workforce management HR data and reporting
Your Expertise, Experience and Passion
- You have 5 – 7 years of internal recruiting experience
- You’ve built recruiting policies and procedures from the ground up, ideally in a startup or political industry
- You thrive in an autonomous work environment with a healthy balance of structure and self-directed time blocks to carry out your work
- You enjoy interacting with people and create an extraordinary, strengths-based environment for people to thrive
- Compassionate, active listener with the ability to influence and coach team members at all levels
- Comfortable with ambiguity and confident: can start projects with minimal direction and sound judgement for knowing when to involve leadership for buy-in
- Results-oriented problem solver: motivated by building and finding solutions
- High standards for excellence to drive continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility
- Experience with personality and skills assessments, and behavioral interviewing techniques preferred
- Must be tech savvy with ability to quickly learn and utilize new software, apps, etc.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) as well as Google Suite Products (Docs, Sheets, Drive, Etc.)
Our office is located in Washington, DC. As the safety and wellbeing of our team is of the utmost importance, all Mothership staff members are working remotely until it is safe to resume working in the office. Our plan is to return to the office in 2022.
WHY ELSE SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Program
- Excellent Benefits (Including Student Loan Repayment)
- Metro/Parking Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- LinkedIn Learning
- Access to top tier technology (MacBook Environment)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Mothership Strategies is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that fights for progressive values nationwide, we’re committed to building a community based on diversity and inclusion at all levels. To that end, we strictly prohibit discrimination based on age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Applicants of all backgrounds who are passionate about progressive politics are able and encouraged to apply!